As part of the last module for our UX Design career-change program, we offer a Specialisation course where the student works with a mentor in a niche area of their chosen field.
We are searching for experienced and passionate Frontend Developers/ Designers with UX design experience to join our pool of experts. Help define the next generation of design talent by educating and empowering students across the globe while working remotely and around your own schedule!
Mentoring with CareerFoundry is more than teaching. It’s inspiring newcomers to the field to build, to problem solve, to think like an expert, and to increase their value as professionals.
Students need more than help and experience to master the necessary skills, they need inspiration and motivation to keep them focused along the way. You’re their point of entry into a new industry, so they’ll want to hear about challenges you have overcome and what the role is really like on a day-to-day basis.
- Reviewing Exercises/Tasks and Achievements (Please note an Achievement is found at the end of around 10 Tasks)
- Reviewing the Achievements via 5-10 minute screencasts (recorded video reviews)
- Responding to student submissions within 24 – 48 hours
- Conducting mentor video calls (scheduled to last 1 hour) that focus on career success (CV preparation, interview skills, portfolio preparation, etc)
- Answering general student questions
- Experience providing code reviews and bug fixes and the ability to provide feedback on this to students.
- Experience with UX design methodologies and case studies to show evidence of working on real life UX projects
- A portfolio demonstrating your skill and examples of professional projects. Professional references may be required.
- Previous experience in mentorship or tutoring is preferred. You must demonstrate an understanding of how to support beginners, have time and patience, and a strong desire to guide people along their career path in this field.
- Knowledge of the latest development tools and trends, a broad network of experts in the field, and an in-depth understanding of industry practices.
- Fluent in English.
What’s in it for you:
- 100% Remote and flexible – work from anywhere with an internet connection, and around your schedule.
- A freelance contract with a competitive rate.
- Shape the industry by developing the next generation of designers.
- Resume gold – mentoring experience is highly sought after by employers.
CareerFoundry is an equal opportunity employer. It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. We encourage in particular BiPoC, Migrants, people from under-represented communities, people who identify as queer, trans, and/or intersex, people with chronic illnesses, and people with disabilities to apply!
For inquiries please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!