Front-end developer that cares about privacy (f/m/x)
We are currently looking for a senior and full-time front-end engineer that will join an exciting privacy compliance legal tech startup in Brussels. You will be working remotely with the existing development team, focusing on the front-end development as well as the UX of the platform.
To be very clear: this job posting is not for madewithlove, but instead with one of our clients whom we consciously chose to work with.
Our client is actively promoting a higher level of transparency towards consumers when their personal data is being collected, enabling a fairer balance between their privacy rights and the needs of organisations. Their solutions allow companies to create tailor-made GDPR privacy and cookie notices and manage user consent.
- You will be writing modern React code while working according to the latest standards, and understanding that continuous refactoring is part of the job. You have a critical and pragmatic approach to guard over the quality of the code.
- You will conceive (technical) solutions for the problems our clients and customers are facing by writing clean and readable code.
- You review the technical architecture of the platform and make the right choices on technologies the client should (not) use.
- You’ll be responsible for implementing manual and automatic testing because you understand it’s an integral part of delivering high-quality features.
- You collaborate with a small team of top-notch engineers and aim to improve others as much as yourself.
- You will break down complex interactions into well crafted components and lead the development of complex features.
- You are an initiator and fast learner and you feel comfortable taking over a legacy codebase.
- You know where information can be found and actively search for it. You can think for yourself and challenge the information you find. You don’t hesitate to ask questions because others know things you don’t. You document everything and in such a way that everybody can understand what is happening and why.
- You make sure that everybody in your team feels safe to give their opinion and you value every team member’s input. Once a group decision is made, you act as a team member by following the architecture, the processes and coding standards as agreed upon.
- You do what you promise and you take ownership of tasks. You always try to go for the best quality possible with respect to timing and budget. You understand the why of decisions and you suggest improvements when you see an opportunity.
- You always aim for quality so you actively and consistently strive to expand your knowledge, both technical and non-technical. You are able to give others honest, constructive and actionable feedback. Credit is assigned accurately and generously.
- You are an expert in React.js
- You know how to handle state, routing & side-effects with React
- You have something valuable to add when discussing UI and/or UX matters.
- You are keen on quality assurance and automatic testing.
- Version control is something you couldn’t miss anymore.
- Your English must be very good, both oral and written. We still like accents though.
- You must live and work in European Union
- You have experience with Typescript and/or Flow.
- You know your way around mobile development and are comfortable with React Native or native development (Kotlin or Swift)
- You have a weak spot for performance & accessibility
- You have some experience with Ruby
Our client is looking for a freelancer in the European Union, if you live in Belgium they could offer you a contract as an employee.
- Market conform salary
- Lots of focus on learning and development
- Flexible working conditions
- All the advantages of working in a young and dynamic scale-up
We specifically encourage underrepresented groups to apply. We believe in the strengths of well-balanced, and mixed teams and hope our applications will attract a broader audience, no matter the gender, religion, race, age, disability, linguistic differences, socioeconomic status, or sexual orientation.
Hope to speak soon!