The Agile Product Owner will support the teams building and improving of software, by providing guidance, defining, and executing the Agile Product Owner family’s principles and approaches for gathering requirements, delivering the best solution, and knowledge sharing with key business stakeholders.
The Agile Product Owner will:
- Get a shared understanding of the business domain and the problem to be solved
- Establish user stories and drive refinement with the Software Delivery Team
- Lead and facilitate the sizing and prioritization the user stories with the Software Delivery Team
- Support the efficient delivery of the solution by the Software Delivery Team
- Ensure the solution built by the Software Delivery Team meets the requirements
- Contribute to the release planning and transition activities of the software into UAT and production.
We’ll provide you with the opportunity to grow your expertise in an environment that supports you, your life and your career.
We’ll also offer you a competitive salary [and commission] [plus bonus], as well as the following benefits:
- ShareSave scheme – ability to purchase company shares on preferential terms
- Private healthcare
- Income protection and group life insurance
- Flexible / hybrid working options
Although not an exhaustive list, a Agile Product Owner must be proficient in the following Skills:
· Commercially aware
· Critical thinker
· Solid research and analytical skills
· Effectively able to design large complex software solutions.
· Able to manage senior internal and external stakeholders.
· Subject matter expert in Subscriber Management Platforms, Payments, Acquisitions and Conversion, Physical Subscriptions and/or Retention and Recovery.
· Works independently, setting achievable timelines/plans, managing workload accordingly and delivering against set timelines.
· Supports the team in successfully identifying failing processes and suggests sensible improvements and alternatives for consideration.
· Proactively foresee issues and prepare methodical approaches to solving those issues.
· Strong expertise in conceptual modelling; ability to see the big picture and envision possible solutions.
· Able to seamlessly turn complex information into easy-to-understand descriptions for both technical and non-technical audiences such as business departments and Software delivery teams.
· Ability to capture complete, unambiguous requirements using a variety of techniques such as user stories/acceptance criteria.
· Effectively facilitate a team consensus on scope, design decisions and implementation decisions.
· A deep understanding of software concepts and technologies such as databases, user interfaces, API’s, batch functionality, architecture.
· Taking a hands-on approach to learning about a system, for example, querying databases, making requests to APIs and following user journeys.
· Agile team working.
· Ability to influence and negotiate.
· Exemplary verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
· A dynamic outlook with the ability to adapt to changing scope and requirements.
· A strong background in software quality assurancee.