Who we are
Recharge is the leader in powering physical subscriptions, making it one of the most important ecommerce engines. Recharge powers over 50M subscriptions worldwide and has processed more than 10B in transactions. More than 15K brands such as Verve Coffee Roasters, Bokksu, Who Gives A Crap, Billie, and Bite Toothpaste Bits rely on Recharge daily to grow their businesses and delight their customers.
Recharge’s mission is to enable brands and merchants to form strong, lasting relationships with their customers through recurring purchases. As merchants seek ways to drive more direct sales and distribution through their channels and move away from a reliance on traditional online marketing strategies, Recharge has made it possible to grow businesses with seamless, recurring customer transactions.
Bootstrapped until 2020, Recharge is valued at over 2.1B dollars and is a double unicorn with a total raise of 277M dollars. Join us as we work with our merchants to define the future of ecommerce.
The Orders team at Recharge is responsible for several services core to our business, including Order Generation & Syncing, Discounts, Shipping, and Taxes. Given the importance of these services, the Orders team is critical to the success of Recharge, our merchants, and their customers. Initiatives for this team are carefully selected and given the time, focus, and resources to ensure success in a predictable manner.
In this role, you will lead a team of engineers to build, maintain, and improve these services. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for driving your team in planning and developing world-class features and working with individuals to grow in their careers. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with Staff & Principal Engineers in the Core Commerce organization to drive Engineering Initiatives. Additionally, you’ll work closely with your peers to collaborate on process improvements such as our Product Development Lifecycle, Engineering Onboarding, Planning & Estimations, and more.
Our Tech Stack: Python, Flask, GCP, Elasticsearch, Redis, SaaS, CloudSQL/MySQL, Terraform, OpenTelemetry, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, SignalFx, Sentry
What you’ll do
- Live by and champions all of our core values (#ownership, #empathy, #day-one, and #humility)
- Manage a first-class engineering team that will scale as the company and business grows, identifying and filling any team gaps
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters collaboration, open communication, and delivering outcomes
- Be responsible for team output and hands-on day-to-day reviewing code
- Constantly improve team productivity, refine agile processes, and create methods to increase efficiency
- Investigate, analyze, and evangelize programming methodologies such as test-driven development
- Perform personnel management tasks for a team of developers, including performance reviews, compliance with company policies, mentoring, and helping plan career growth
- Train new software engineers on our best practices, standards, culture, and policies
- Collaborate with Product in setting roadmap and priorities to ensure deliverables are met as well as raising concerns identified early on
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Encourage active participation in all phases of the Product Development Lifecycle, and work with project management to remove impediments and provide visibility to stakeholders
What you’ll bring
- 7+ years of relevant development experience in fast-paced environments
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Willingness to lean in as needed when duty calls
- Self-driven; pragmatic; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remote-first in a high-growth company
- Ability to demonstrate high self-sufficiency to take on and complete projects in a timely manner
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Track record of meeting schedules on time; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who understands how to successfully integrate into a team of talented developers
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Typically, 7+ years of relevant development experience in fast-paced environments
- 4+ years experience managing high-performing agile development teams
- 3+ years prior experience programming in at least one OO language (Python preferred)
- 2+ years experience in cloud-native environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Prior e-commerce experience preferred
That said, we know people have varied backgrounds. If you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, but you know you can do the job, we believe in you! We’d love for you to apply anyway, and tell us why you’d be a great addition to the team.
Recharge | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Transparency in Coverage
This link leads to the Anthem Blue Cross machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes network negotiated rates for all items and services; allowed amounts for OON items, services and prescription drugs; and negotiated rates and historical prices for network prescription drugs (delayed). EIN 80-6245138. This link leads to the Kaiser machine-readable files.