Citeline, is part of the Norstella group of Pharma information solutions, is one of the world’s leading providers of data and intelligence on clinical trials, drug treatments, medical devices and what’s new in the regulatory and commercial landscape. Relying on us to deliver vital advantage when making critical R&D and commercial decisions, our customers come from over 3000 of the world’s leading pharmaceutical, contract research organizations (CROs), medical technology, biotechnology and healthcare service providers, including the top 10 global pharma and CROs.
Reporting into Senior Director, the Manager of Data Engineering will be responsible for leading and managing a team of developers and engineers to deliver high-quality software products or services. In addition to technical expertise, the Technical Lead should have experience managing people, providing leadership, and creating a positive team culture. The Technical lead will also work with external developers responsible for the development and subsequent support of the various platform services components underpinning all the content applications across Norstella. As part of a large technology group, the Technical Lead will work with product management, architecture and other software engineering teams in support of the product development roadmap.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager with great communication skills, deep experience in software engineering, and most importantly, the ability and willingness to keep learning in this ever-changing technology landscape.
- Build Strong engineering team and culture.
- Work on projects with significant complexity
- Have a strong sense of ownership of the solutions that your team works on
- Be willing to work with and invest yourself in learning new technologies, programming languages, databases etc.
- Communicate effectively
- Be an “agile” person. You desire a fast-paced dynamic work environment
- Review existing technologies for suitability and make recommendations for change
- Develop, test, and maintain high-quality software applications using Spring Boot, AWS, and Database technologies
- Work with designers and project managers to understand client requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Collaborate with developers on the team to ensure code quality and consistency
- Help Troubleshoot and debug issues in production and non-production environments
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to improving our coding practices and standards
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- 9+ years of experience in programming with Java.
- 4+ years of experience working with Spring Boot, Spring Batch Frameworks
- 2+ years of experience with AWS
- 4+ years of experience in open source frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
- 2+ years of experience with modern relational and NoSQL databases (Experience with relational and/or non-relational databases like PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MySQL etc is a big plus)
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing and architecting backend microservicesmwith RESTful API and API security frameworks, service-oriented and/or microservices architecture
- 4+ years of experience using modern build and deployment tools such as Jenkins and Docker
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in computer science and engineering or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Experience with “Test First” (TDD) software development process
- Experience within pharma/healthcare sector is a plus
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $150,000 to $190,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered.
Norstella is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behavior and our business requirements. Norstella operates a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse or harassment
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here- you are welcome. If you read this job description and feel passion and excitement, we’re just as excited about you.