What if K-12 education were designed to help all students develop lives of meaning and purpose? Wayfinder was founded at the Stanford d.school to answer this question. Our goal is to double our impact each year for the coming years. Our vision is to become the preeminent SEL curriculum company in the world — leading the global movement of purpose, meaning, and belonging-based education worldwide.
What We Value
You’ll be joining a team of incredibly motivated and dedicated staff members committed to living our organization’s values. We work collaboratively across teams, and we feel and act like a purpose-driven organization. To the best of our abilities, each person’s role aligns with their own sense of purpose, which feeds into Wayfinder’s larger sense of purpose.
Read this article about our workplace culture in Conscious Company.
We value access, equity, diversity, and belonging, and these values are represented in our product, our team, and our school partners.
Product: We develop our learning tools using human-centered design principles. We work with grade-level experts to ensure our curriculum is developmentally appropriate and engaging at all levels. Every Wayfinder lesson is supported by relevant research, prototyped in classrooms, and vetted by teachers over rounds of feedback and iteration. We use Universal Design for Learning principles to give every student an equal opportunity to succeed.
Team: Our team is composed of people from all different backgrounds and walks of life. We intentionally recruit, hire, and work with people of diverse identities + experiences. We focus on belonging: being connected, accepted, and valued by the people around us.
School Partners: We intentionally target a wide array of educational partners, from traditional to non-traditional, that work with a range of students from different socioeconomic groups. We’ve taught our curriculum in high-need schools in the Bronx, independent schools in Silicon Valley, and after-school programs in San Antonio.
Wayfinder is looking for an education-focused Marketing Manager who specializes in PreK-12. This is a new position on the Marketing team, reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing. In this position, you’ll play an integral role in increasing market awareness, creating authentic content about our products + curriculum, and supercharging marketing efficacy throughout the Wayfinder customer journey.
Our ideal candidate is an education marketer, first and foremost: You know the PreK-12 space like the back of your hand and have previous experience in marketing roles. You’re an excellent communicator who knows how to get things done. You love a to-do list and don’t need someone to write the to-do list for you.
You’ll be responsible for developing and executing effective product and content marketing strategies tailored to the education sector. Leveraging HubSpot for campaign management and data-driven decision-making, you’ll target both current and prospective school partners. Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, you’ll create integrated marketing campaigns aimed at driving customer growth and loyalty.
This is the perfect role for someone passionate about PreK-12 education who is a meticulous marketer and project manager. We want your help to make a difference in the lives of as many students as possible. Watch this video to learn more about how you’ll help schools develop social-emotional and future-ready skills.
We strongly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented populations in tech — such as women, People of Color, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ individuals — to apply!
- Develop and execute effective product marketing content that clearly articulates the value of Wayfinder’s offerings to the PreK-12 education sector.
- Utilize HubSpot for campaign management and to make data-driven decisions about marketing to current + prospective school partners.
- Collaborate closely with the Product, Customer Success, and Sales teams to create + continuously improve integrated marketing campaigns that drive customer growth and loyalty.
- Encourage schools to value Wayfinder and expand their relationship with us by creating product-focused web and email content.
- Develop templates, processes, and presentations that empower the broader team.
- Proactively collaborate with Customer Success and Account Management to build loyal partnerships and enhance customer engagement through strategic marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with Marketing teammates — including our Content Marketing + PR Manager, Head of Demand Gen, Digital Storyteller, and Sr. Conferences + Events Manager — to meet ambitious goals.
- Propose, implement, and monitor processes that streamline our marketing operations.
- Uphold our brand identity and writing style.
- Manage and analyze marketing metrics, leveraging data to make decisions that drive growth — and share progress on key metrics in creative and accessible ways.
- Candidates with social media expertise will be considered to take over the management of social media channels, with a focus on enhancing brand presence + customer engagement.
- Proven track record in product marketing and content marketing, with a focus on written content.
- Deep knowledge of PreK-12 / K-12 education space.
- Ability to learn and work within digital tools with little to no oversight.
- Strong copywriter who can take on our brand’s voice and speak clearly to an audience of educators.
- Eye for detail in writing, editing, and visual design.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Data-driven mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across teams, with an emphasis on transparency, timeliness, and clear project management. This person will often serve as a connector and communicator between Marketing and other teams.
- Proficiency with Canva, in order to help us churn out polished collateral more quickly with the Design team.
- Proficiency in HubSpot (CMS), Salesforce (CRM), Loom, Slack, Zapier, social media channels, and other marketing tools preferred.
- Highest level of integrity, honesty, and accountability.
$100K – $120K base salary
We offer a competitive package that is based on location and experience. We also offer the following benefits:
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreat, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
- nd much more! Lots of other perks make this company an incredible place to work.
Remote work. Wayfinder’s regular operating hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The daily work schedule may vary depending on the crew in which you are working.
Next Steps, If Interested
If you are interested, please fill out the job application on Workable.
Deadline for applications is 5PM PST January 5th, 2024.
At Wayfinder, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Wayfinder is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
Wayfinder compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate’s education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Wayfinder’s total compensation package. Additionally, Wayfinder provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, a monthly stipend, office buildout stipend, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant’s salary history will not be used in determining compensation.
Wayfinder is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties.