🗺 Anywhere in the World (must be available to work some Asia business hours)
Now Hiring: Remote Head of Marketing
Ready to lead the marketing of an aggressively growing eCommerce business? Homegrown is looking for a Head of Marketing to lead a team of marketers, work directly with their CEO, create strategic initiatives, help curate new ideas, and be responsible for keeping projects on track. If you have marketing, managing, and operations experience, this is the role for you.
Homegrown is a small, private company with much love for gardening. From our own backyard, we have cultivated our passion for gardening and love for fresh produce. We believe that gardening should be accessible to everyone. Space shouldn’t matter.
The company is growing year over year and we’re looking for someone who is up for the challenge of continuing this growth. Our new Head of Marketing will spend 60% of their time will be working with Homegrown. The other 40% will be working with the company’s other brands.
The Current Company:
11 employees at the moment
Mid 7 figure eCommerce business
Become an international 8-9 figure eCommerce company
Create products people will love and rave about
Innovate ideas and create brands that disrupt markets
Our Core Values:
Honesty and Trust – We choose honesty to promote trust among all team embers and do not hide behind mistakes
Ownership – We are accountable for our work and take full responsibilities for our actions
Growth – We focus on both company and personal growth, and we strive to be the best possible version of ourselves by learning every day
Measured – We manage and measure our performance because the truth lies in the data
Evolve – We understand change must happen over time and we must adapt and implement when needed
As the company’s Head of Marketing, you will be the key revenue driver of the company and managing its perception in the market, branding, opportunities and competition analysis, promotion, pricing, and overseeing marketing operations. You will be working directly with the CEO. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and understand how to effectively implement strategies and keep measures.
You should have experience with managing marketing teams, media buying, and creative marketing. You’ll be managing and hiring writers, media buyers, graphic designers, and liaising with some agencies we work with. Please make this experience explicitly clear in your application so we know you have the experience and would be a good fit.
If you are highly talented, ready to learn, and can demonstrate your skills and previous success at marketing and operations management, this position is for you.
Strategic Planning: Develop and execute strategies for business growth.
Ecommerce Operations: Manage an existing team of specialists while being responsible for all scopes within operation including PPC, off-channel and on channel marketing, organic and paid media.
New Product Opportunity: Assess product profitability, assist us in new catalog creation. Appropriate training and support from other team members will be provided, if necessary.
Team Management and Leadership: Coordinate and work together with team specialists to achieve performance goals. Act as the liaison between employees and management
Systems/Ops – Knows how to build effective systems and workflows
Liaise with freelancers and agencies ensuring goals are aligned and maintained
5+ years of proven experience in a management role (preferred experience with hiring and growing teams)
5+ years in operations and marketing in a high-caliber environment. This includes strong people management, product development, requirements analysis, pricing, planning, competitive analysis, sales planning, inventory control, financial planning, and strategy
Strong problem-solving ability to deconstruct complex activities into their component parts, track those parts, and manage the activities to completion
Leadership and vision for the future of overall management: strategic thinking
Team player who has a sincere willingness to place the team above themselves. The ability to work cross-functionally, build partnerships and share knowledge
Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and influence internal teams and external partners to deliver on their commitments
Exceptional product/project management methodology and strategies(Scrum/Agile/EOS/or other)
Having expertise and experience in some of the following: eCommerce, supply chain management, manufacturing, product development, pricing structure/costing, strategic marketing, online marketing, data analysis, or operation management
You may be located anywhere in the world but a location in Asia is preferred. Most of the team is located in Thailand and the Philippines. The new Head of Marketing must be available to work during some Asia business hours.