This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their careers as they continue to create a better web.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a Drupal Engineering Manager.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Drupal Engineering Manager, you lead, manage, and hold accountable a team of our Drupal developers, ensuring the quality of their work and the growth of their careers. Your success in this role takes excellent and compassionate communication, resourcefulness, collaboration, big ideas, and initiative when faced with ambiguity.
This role has a hands-on engineering component. The need varies from client to client and can include anything from custom code and team leadership to general consulting and guidance on architecture. You’ll be instrumental in leading our technical teams and be a guide in our always-changing technical landscape.
When balancing your time, your goal is to be roughly 40% billable, providing hands-on development for client projects. The remaining 60% of your time is focused on growing and mentoring your team, establishing better tools and processes, and ensuring a high-quality end product for our clients. You will report to Katherine White, CTO.
Your day to day will be a combination of the following:
- Engaging one-on-one with your team members, understanding their unique needs, technical specialties, aspirations, and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborating with the rest of the Engineering Management and TechOps teams to set the technical priorities, processes, and direction for the department.
- Helping your team stay unblocked and on target.
- Architecting projects by guiding technical strategy, development, and deployment, ensuring the delivery of outstanding digital experiences.
- Building flexible and reusable code that helps us become more efficient and stretches our capabilities.
- Assisting with technical sales engineering documentation, calls, and pitches.
- Assisting with technical research and development and special projects.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time position. The salary range for this position is $111,900-$150,550 – the range is broad, but it is commensurate with experience, aligned with current members of our team with similar experience, and may shift a bit depending on your geographic location. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in the US or Canada.
NOW… LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates with…
- Experience leading engaged, distributed development teams working on both support and build projects in a professional agency setting.
- Experience with Drupal across the full spectrum of specialties — theme development, module development, and configuration management.
- Experience serving as a technical architect or solutions architect for an agency.
- Strong organization, project management, and client relationship-building skills.
- Technology expertise with insights about technology trends and solutions.
- Proven ability to translate complex technical concepts and challenges for non-technical and client audiences.
- Drupal performance optimization
- Decoupled Drupal development experience
- WCAG compliance experience
- Familiarity with varied Drupal architectural approaches (decoupled, multisite, domain access, etc)
- Exposure to multiple project management methodologies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred (but not required)
- Understanding of automated deployment workflows and tooling
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter, including your answer to the question below.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Our screening process takes a bit of time because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team. Some candidates may even do a paid mini-project, depending on the role you are interviewing for. We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note – we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
We offer a comprehensive range of health, professional, remote workspace, and other fun benefits for all full time US and Canadian employees. For more information, see the benefits section of our careers page.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.