At Acronym, we’re committed to fostering an environment of growth and innovation. We’re looking for people who want to think strategically, operate efficiently and drive success for our Clients. Our culture of collaboration, ideation, Integrity, and inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled and highly dedicated individuals for 25+ years and we believe the best is yet to come.
Director, Performance Media, Europe
At Acronym, we’re committed to fostering an environment of growth and innovation. We’re looking for people who want to think strategically, operate efficiently and drive success for our clients. Our culture of collaboration, ideation, Integrity, and inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled and highly dedicated individuals for 25+ years and we believe the best is yet to come.
We are seeking a Director, Performance Media to join our European Acronym team in Berlin, Germany. The Director of Performance Media at our digital agency is charged with the comprehensive management of media strategies, offering guidance and implementation support for the organization. Their role encompasses involvement in fostering new business opportunities, devising, and putting into action strategic media plans, administering media budgets, and supervising the results of media campaigns, as well as their reporting. Furthermore, this role has a critical responsibility to cultivate and sustain relationships with media platforms and providers.
This is the job:
- Client Relationships & Service Excellence: Lead, manage, and foster client relationships through personal meetings, presentations, and consistent contact across global and local levels. Ensure excellent client service through a proactive, responsive, and detail-oriented approach.
- Strategic Oversight & Guidance: Provide expert guidance to local clients and teams, ensuring they adhere to centralized strategic plans and operational protocols. Develop and implement robust strategic frameworks that align with client business objectives.
- Team Development & Leadership: Oversee and cultivate a team of paid media specialists, setting a growth-oriented tone and direction. Foster a proactive leadership style that inspires both team members and clients.
- Business Development & Collaboration: Actively participate in new business opportunities, collaborating closely with the new business team on media strategy components of RFPs and pitches.
- Project & Partner Management: Develop project scopes and fees based on client needs, managing delivery effectively. Maintain open lines of communication and build strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, including clients, partner agencies, and peers.
- Mentorship & Professional Development: Mentor, motivate, and supervise direct reports, encouraging their professional growth and development.
- Industry Engagement & Knowledge: Keep abreast of the latest media trends and best practices, representing the company at industry events and conferences.
This is you:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience in media planning and buying.
- Proven track record of success in developing and executing media campaigns.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to track and measure media performance.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience and comfort facilitating ideation sessions.
- Continually seek and identify innovative and breakthrough ideas, approaches and solutions.
- Demonstrate sharp, critical thinking and effective problem-solving skills
- Fluent in German and English.
Benefits & Perks:
- Attractive compensation package
- Full-time, part-time and/or contract work arrangement possible.
- Up to 100% remote. Work out of Berlin, Germany location preferred.
- Unlimited Vacation (Min./Max regulation)
- Additional pension insurance
- Mobility budget
- Christmas and vacation bonus
- Training opportunities
This is us:
Acronym is an award-winning performance marketing agency headquartered in NYC’s iconic Empire State Building with a presence around the world to support our global clientele. Our expertise is in managing highly complex search and multi-channel marketing challenges powered by our own patented technology to improve performance aligned with business goals. Our employees are industry experts who are diverse, energetic, intelligent, motivated, and fun individuals.
Acronym will hire in the following country: Germany (Berlin preferred)
Acronym is an equal opportunity employer. Become part of an organization whose team members are diverse, energetic, intelligent motivated people who love what they do – come join us at Acronym today! We strongly encourage individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply for employment at Acronym.