iBynd is a growing Insurance Technology company with headquarters in New Jersey and employees across the United States and Canada. The core of our business is built around providing Commercial Insurance to small and medium sized businesses, Wholesalers and Agents through our proprietary platform that is connected via API’s to many large insurance carriers. We are a collaborative team that works hard every day to make sure our platform offers insurance that will protect our customers.
Who we are looking for:
The Director of Project Management position is ideal for someone who is a master at process, problem solving and making sure the management of the team and the process of building industry leading software is world class. The perfect candidate will possess the unique ability to understand coding & timelines while balancing business objectives, needs analysis and be able to work with a team across multiple time zones. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and plan releases and deployments across multiple testing environments. This job reports directly to the CTO.
- Design release schedules which bundle various API microservices and front end UI’s and their versions into upcoming and future releases. Manage the versioning of various API and UI software builds and bundles in a Release Playbook.
- Have a strong understanding of BitBucket or git, Java, .NET or other service-side technologies, front-end technologies and understand how to assign builds and dependencies into specific upcoming releases.
- Run Agile SCRUM meetings and sprint planning sessions with the technical team and ensure user stories are properly written, child tasks are assigned with estimates and that any dependencies are accounted for.
- Help the team lead scheduled releases where rollouts and back outs are rehearsed and where releases are promoted from one environment to the next and ultimately to production.
- Work closely with the business side to understand upcoming feature requests and projects and develop a roadmap with timelines on fitting features into future releases.
- Work with our technical team across time zones and countries,
- Triage any daily action items arising from production bugs, existing user stories or new issues from partners requiring immediate attention and factor them into upcoming releases, hot fixes, etc.
- Understand strengths of various team players and keep synergy among a dynamic team.
- 4 Year College Degree (or the equivalent)
- 8+ Years working in technical operations as a project manager
- Agile and SCRUM experience is a must.
- Extensive experience with all phases (requirement analysis, software design, implementation and integration, testing, deployment and maintenance) of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Must have 5+ years of experience working in JIRA, Rally or similar software.
- Experience in coordinating releases and user stories among product teams, developers and QA teams in order to effectively plan releases, perform sprint planning sessions as well as manage defects among various release cycles.
- Must have experience managing feature and user story streams split out among multiple releases whereby each release is developed and tested in different environments simultaneously. Emphasis will be placed on this.
- Seasoned and professional communicator
- Knowledge of industry standard software best practices, development lifecycle processes and Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Insurance or Financial Services experience
We offer a competitive compensation plan with salary/bonus, Health insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision insurance and a 401K plan.