Director of Product
We founded Wingocard with the objective to create a new financial system that always puts people first. We’ve all had our share of poor experiences with traditional banks. Why can’t banking be more intuitive, transparent and easy to use? As a first step, we’re building the ultimate Mobile Banking app designed for teens and their parents. Our mission is to empower the new generation to be smart with money – by giving them the best experience while providing education on personal finances. We believe that learning to better manage money at a young age will result in lifelong positive consequences. Wingocard was founded by 3 experienced leaders with a strong track record in the technology and start-up space.
This is a remote position.
At Wingocard we’re building the ultimate Mobile Banking app designed for teens and their parents. As a Director of Product, you will be in charge of every aspect of the product development process. From managing the product team to defining the product strategy and roadmap, as well as driving release milestones with the product development team. You will be using your skills in strategic thinking, user research, data analysis, requirement definition and release management to create products that deliver measurable results. Our dream candidate is user obsessed, data driven, an enthusiastic team player who enjoys working closely with designers and engineers. They are eager to solve a range of complex problems. We’re searching for someone with great talent, a great attitude and a passion for helping people by giving them awesome products.
As a Director of Product you will report directly to the CEO.
- Manage and lead the product team
- Define the product vision and strategies; Create roadmaps to execute those strategies
- Identify product opportunities on a quarterly and semiannual basis that will help the company achieve its strategic goals and deliver on our mission
- Understand the broader company growth goals and ensure your team is working on what matters
- Gather requirements and create specifications for the development team
- Make executive decisions on the development team’s priorities to deliver the highest impact projects
- Map out the minimum viable product, coordinate resources to successfully launch products
- Measure core success metrics to continually iterate and improve product features
- Work closely with our partners and vendors (Bank, Processor, AML, etc…)
- 7+ years of solid Product Management experience
- Superb communication skills (we emphasize team collaboration) – can convey technical concepts to non-technical people as well as turn non-technical requirements into technical specifications
- Experience leading multiple concurrent projects, changing priorities, timelines and informational needs
- Experience managing a product team
- Passionate about the financial and educational space
- Strong team player, ability to work in cross-functional teams (marketing, design, engineering, operations and partners)
- Track record of being highly data-driven by using metrics to shape product improvements and business performance – experience with tools like Amplitude or similar is a bonus
- Good eye for UI/UX, understands methodology behind creating amazing user workflows
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience in executing go-to-market strategies and launching new products
- Experience in FinTech space
- Experience in EdTech space
- Startup experience
- Remote work experience
Wingocard is a fully remote company that is headquartered out of Montréal QC, Canada. We are passionate about company culture and strive to make a positive impact on the people around us. Our main company values are:
- Design First, Customer Best
- Thoughtful innovation
- Transparency & Integrity
- Lead with empathy
- Collaborate to create impact
- Do more with less
- Be a bar-raiser
- Group Benefits
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Apple Laptop
- Choice of high resolution monitor(s)
- Web Cam
- Choice of Bluetooth Headset
Apply to join Wingocard and help us build the best banking application for parents and teens the world has ever seen!
Wingocard is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.
Wingocard provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Wingocard will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.