This position is fully remote and requires candidates to be residing in and authorized to work in the United States. Candidates should be able to reliably work CST hours.
About this Role
Glorious is a lifestyle gaming hardware company, built by passionate enthusiasts on a mission to change the status quo of the PC gaming industry. Since 2014 we’ve provided PC gaming hardware and accessories engineered for elite-level performance, premium quality, and high-end aesthetics.
As we expand our brand’s presence, we are looking for a strategic and dynamic Director of Communications & Brand Activation to join our Marketing team. This person will be directly responsible for developing a global media strategy and will take charge of building relationships with technology reviewers and influencers. This leader will use their strong media relationships to generate positive earned media coverage and improve brand activation via brand partnerships, influencers, and key opinion leaders (KOLs).
This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and currently has one direct report. This leader will work cross-collaboratively with all other members of marketing leadership and externally with media partners, brand advocates, technology reviewers, and KOLs.
The starting annual salary for this role is $100,000-$125,000 USD depending on knowledge, skills, experience, education, and geographical location.
- Develop and refine a comprehensive public relations (PR) strategy for Glorious and all of its associated entities, effectively communicating the brand’s narrative, values, and product offerings to target audiences across multiple channels
- Develop and refine go-to-market (GTM), crisis management, and corporate communication strategies
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with a wide variety of external partners, including media contacts, reviewers, influencers, and KOLs; routinely secure media coverage and strategic partnerships that increase awareness of the Glorious brand and its products
- Create, refine, and distribute content (including press kits/releases, pitch packages, and key messaging) and sample/promotional product kits to external partners in a timely manner
- Support brand activation through leadership and management of a direct report (Brand Activation Manager) and by overseeing an influencer and brand partnerships strategy and executional plan
- Establish and improve the Glorious brand presence at tech and gaming events, elevating the brand from an early stage trade show presence to a serious player in the PC gaming market
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, design, product, and leadership teams to align PR strategies with business objectives; leverage insights into trends, partnerships, and opportunities to elevate brand positioning
- Act as a leader of the marketing team to provide thought leadership, foster creativity, and provide insights on trends, partnerships, and other opportunities in the PC gaming industry
- Located and authorized to work in the United States
- Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection
- The ability to take private meetings as necessary
- Professional fluency in English
- A bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a similar field, or the equivalent combination of education and training
- 7+ years of experience in PR, brand activation, and crisis management, with experience in the consumer electronics or gaming industry strongly preferred
- Strong familiarity with the global PC gaming and technology industry/landscape, including knowledge of hardware/software, esports, streaming, reviewers, influencers/KOLs, industry stakeholders, etc.
- A successful track record of developing, executing, and reporting on strategic PR plans, influencer collaborations/partnerships, and brand activation campaigns
- A successful track record of outreach to gain media coverage from local, regional, national, global, and online sources
- Exceptional storytelling skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and share innovative ideas to multiple audiences
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in AP style
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Truly remote-first environment
- Comprehensive health care coverage (medical, vision, & dental)
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Retirement plan
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Employee discount on Glorious purchases
Based in Dallas, TX, United States, Glorious has grown rapidly through the support of a community of PC gaming enthusiasts and professionals. Every new member of our team has a direct impact on shaping our future.
Glorious offers the chance to work within an environment where you will have the freedom and flexibility to take the reins on your career. We invite you to become part of an amazing team dedicated to pushing the boundaries of possibility and shifting the PC gaming industry’s status quo.
Learn more at https://www.gloriousgaming.com/