Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone the ability to easily create and sell online courses, build vibrant communities, and monetize memberships. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 250+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers Creator Educators and businesses around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Are you an experienced leader who is driven by the success of both customers and your team? We’re looking for a Director, Customer Success (14-month contract) to join us at Thinkific.
As the Director, Customer Success at Thinkific, you’ll be responsible for leading the Customer Success team dedicated to Thinkific’s mid-market price tier, Plus. You’ll develop and implement initiatives to drive the success of our Plus customers—increasing retention, expansion, and upgrades as well as offering unparalleled customer satisfaction. You’ll coach and develop a high-performing, motivated team to achieve positive net revenue retention. Reporting to the VP, Head of Plus, you will work collaboratively with our Sales, Research and Development, Marketing, and Data teams to significantly grow the Plus area of our business through an aligned strategy.
Your goal will be to collaborate cross-functionally to create and execute a strategy to grow annual recurring revenue in 2024. Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
- Set the overall direction for the Customer Success team, in line with Thinkific’s annual strategic priorities
- Lead the team to consistently achieve net revenue retention of above 100% by increasing expansion and upgrades, and decreasing churn
- Drive the success and satisfaction of our Plus customers by working with Team Leads and Managers to develop proactive ways for the various Customer Success teams to add value along the customer journey and create relevant KPI’s and Health Scores for each account
- Demonstrate a sales mindset across all Customer Successsub-teams (Solutions Engineering, Launch, CSM and Account Management)
- Scale a high-performing and motivated team that loves going above and beyond to help our Plus customers reach their goals
- Develop KPI’s and compensation structures for measuring the performance of our post-sales functions
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams like Sales, Revenue Operations, and Marketing to grow the business and teams’ success
The person we have in mind likely:
- Has 5+ years of experience managing customer accounts in a B2B or B2C environment
- Has at least 3+ years of experience leading and growing customer-facing teams, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Demonstrates a consistent track record of managing high-performing teams responsible for driving customer success, customer satisfaction, and revenue impact
- Is fanatical about customer success and knows that we succeed when our customers succeed; they believe Customer Success is the ultimate revenue engine
- Possesses the ability to influence peers and manage stakeholders to align and execute the right decisions for the business despite constraints and blockers
- Is a standout coach and mentor; they have developed team members and have seen the impact through their career growth
- Is highly adaptable and has managed teams to be high-performing and motivated through times of change and ambiguity
- Has an operational mind and knows how to build, scale, and continuously iterate on systems and processes that enable team members to do their best work
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this field, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- Experience with analytics—you’re familiar with tracking customer net promotor score, churn, and activation
- Organized and possess a strong attention to detail, rarely missing a task or follow-up
- Performs well under pressure and be able to handle emergency situations on the fly
- Experience solving complex platform problems, even if you don’t know the answer initially
The recruitment compensation range for this position is $143,000 – 178,000 CAD
Please note we are ideally looking for candidates located within British Columbia.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging & Accessibility
This is just our initial idea of who we’re looking for! At Thinkific, we know that people have unique career journeys. If your experience is close to what we’ve described but you feel that you might be missing a few of the requirements, please still apply! We believe in equal opportunity and are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging across every facet of our business.
We’re also committed to providing a comfortable and accessible interview experience for every candidate. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process (big or small), please let us know.
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual $1500 USD Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!