Design Team Lead
Zedge seeks a skilled designer with experience harnessing the talents of multiple contributors across a variety of products to achieve a consistent yet innovative identity and flawless user experience.
The ideal candidate needs to have a proven track record developing digital entertainment products for consumers and businesses across multiple platforms, with deep expertise in mobile apps for Android and iOS. You will work with multiple internal partners to evolve the UX and visual design of our existing products, as well as being a key player in the development of completely new ones.
Strong analytical and communications skills are key. No need to apply unless you are highly motivated, prepared to take responsibility and make a difference!
– Drive a holistic UX and Visual Design strategy across multiple Android, iOS and Web apps
– Convey and develop overall design vision by defining group direction and goals
– Mentor and supervise Product Designers and Visual Designers while introducing innovative methods of creative execution
– Develop and design concepts and execute creative material as required
– Conduct competitive analyses and user research on an ongoing basis to ensure our products remain best of breed
– Deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced environment while providing design thought leadership
– Establish trust and build confidence with cross-functional partners and executive leadership
– Establish creative strategy, budgets & schedules for key design projects
– Lead and direct work intake and overall design project assignment process.
– 8+ years of experience through practice and management of Product Design for consumer and/or B2B web and mobile products
– Knowledge of associated practices, including UX writing, User Research, Motion, UX, and accessibility standards
– Demonstrated experience providing vision and guidance for large teams
– Exceptional ability to deliver design solutions that grow our business and create new value for partners/customers
– Exceptional ability to develop teams of designers to become the next generation of key contributors
– Meets ambiguity and transforms it into effective, actionable plans with cross-functional partners
– Great communicator, compelling and confident storyteller
– Flexible by nature; compassionate and cooperative teammate
– Humble, hungry and smart colleagues that are always striving for the most reasonable solution
– Very little technical debt – we write most of the software from scratch, constantly learning and using new technologies
– Ability to learn from other colleagues and apply your ideas on a large scale, distributed systems. And an ability to deploy your changes to Production in less than 15 minutes
– Startup culture – if you see that something is wrong, go ahead and fix it! No need to seek for multiple approvals
– Latest hardware and software – laptop with your favorite OS (Mac, Linux, Windows), IntelliJ, keyboard/mouse of your choice, etc.
– We are remote-first and we will continue to be – there is no need to go to the office but you can – you can choose what’s best for you
– Perks: yearly home office budget (whatever you need – noise-canceling headphones, gaming chair, etc.), learning budget and a dedicated 10% of the time that you can spend learning, mobile-phone budget, free books, private medical insurance. For folks who prefer working from the office – a parking spot