Demio: Software Engineer (PHP) – Fully Remote
Headquarters: Tampa, FL (but, work anywhere!)
Here at Demio, we’re currently looking to hire a Software Engineer (specializing in PHP) to join our mission to make marketer’s lives easier and happier. 🤩
Demio is a communication platform built to help marketers fuel growth through interactive events. With our platform, companies can generate leads, filter prospects, perform group demos, host engaging sales presentations, integrate with their CRM, view advanced webinar reporting, track conversions, and more. It’s truly unlike any other product on the market.
At Demio, we have thousands of amazing users and we’re adding great companies every single day. A wonderful product experience is our primary focus here at Demio. From the brand message to the customer support to the onboarding process to the platform itself, we’re constantly working hard to make sure every interaction someone has with our company and brand is a delightful one.
While the webinar, web-communication space has been around for a while and continues to grow, we believe that we’re creating an entirely new segment in the market and doing it in a simple way.
Here’s what a few of our engineering team have recently said 👇:
“One of the best parts about working for Demio has been how much they’ve invested in my growth, inside and outside of work. They’ve given me everything I need to thrive, on and off the job. They truly care about my success and well being.” – Lucas J. (Front End Engineer, 3.5 years with Demio)
“Here’s one of the more prominent themes I’ve experienced firsthand during my time at Demio: meaningful growth.
I’m not referring to the kind that’s related to a company’s bottom line or any other industry metric (though our growth in that regard is indeed meaningful and not just driven by marketing spend)—but rather, meaningful growth as it relates to each unique individual who makes up our diverse team.
Each of us is encouraged to explore areas of interest, push boundaries, and take initiatives with newfound opportunities—all with the right nudges along the way.” – Henry R. (Product Design, 2.5 years with Demio)
“What I enjoy the most is the freedom of working remotely and the collaborative process for creating the platform features.
I also like the challenge of using new Web technologies for real-time multimedia communication in multiple devices and platforms.” – Miguel S. (Senior Front End Engineer, 2 years with Demio)
Our team is small, but nimble 🤓. Recently acquired by VC-backed Banzai, we have the unique positioning of an agile, fast-moving company (Demio) with the resources and support of a larger company (Banzai). As a company, we love to employ and work with great people, and we’re hoping you might be the right addition to our amazing team!
We’re dedicated to building our company with a remote-based work environment meaning our entire team is remote, and we are happy to offer the ability to work from anywhere in the world through our systems in Slack, Clubhouse, Intercom, Notion, and GitHub. We’ll do everything we can to make a stress-free, easy-to-navigate operation inside so your role is just as simple as our platform!
Not only will you be remote, but you get to work with a team that is hungry, smart, and eager to make an impact. As a key member of the engineering team, your work will never go unnoticed. Your work will always make large waves 🌊 in the company.
What we need from you:
- Ability to work remotely with your own computer and high-speed internet connection (can travel and work – just need to make sure you’ll be set up!)
- Ability to communicate with fluent English
- Understanding of the general use cases of webinars – you’ve run them before, attended, or helped build a webinar prior! Understanding our customers will be key 🔑
- At least 5 years of practical experience of working with PHP
- Understanding and practical usage of software engineering practices like: Clean Architecture, Domain-Driven Design, SOLID
- Real excitement to see customer wins, successful webinars run, and great feedback
- The drive to learn and grow every day
- PHP 7
- MySQL (strong)
- Modern PHP frameworks (Phalcon PHP Framework is a BIG plus)
- HTTP protocol
- RESTful API
- CLI workers
- Git, GitHub
- Swagger, OpenAPI
- AWS will be a plus
Log in to your Slack app when you start the day and high five the team already on 🤝! Our team is all over the world, but we’re always overlapping hours working together to innovate and move the company forward.
You’ll have the ability to organize a schedule that works best for you, but start by reviewing current projects, workflows and deadlines. Maybe you’re in the process of working with our Front End Engineer on a 6-week product cycle or starting on a new sprint.
Our QA lead can then head over and test the ticket in staging once complete and make sure things are looking right. Move that ticket over, once approved, and we’re on to the next big win!
Once a week, we’ll review the ongoing experiments as a team, review department KPI’s and any major issues. And if it’s a Friday, we might grab some drinks, gather together as a team on Demio, and cheers to a great week!
More details about the position:
- Part of Demio’s values is supporting your growth and development outside of work and we want to help you seek out ways to find balance in your life. Earn $200/month for any of the following items: Books, courses, gym, food, a meditation app, mentoring, or language learning reimbursement
- As a Demio team member, we encourage you to take time to recharge, explore, and travel the world. 😎 You’ll have access to unimited PTO, unlimited sick days, and Paid Parental leave.
- US Based Employees: Earn Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- US Based Employees: 401k with a company match!
- Be a part of our profit-sharing program which rewards the team for year-over-year growth.
- Working with a truly mission-driven team motivated by excellence
- Real room for growth in professional and personal development
If this sounds exciting to you and you think working with an awesome company sounds great, let’s talk.
Shoot us a reply to hiring@Demio.com with #PHPisLife in your subject line, and we’ll set up an interview.
- A short overview of why you think Demio might be the right fit for you (what is it about us that stands out)
- A résumé is cool but not necessary, feel free to include any and all recommendations from past colleagues or employers (LinkedIn works 😀 )
- Send over a quick review of work you’ve done or developed with relation to the stack above. Any open-source projects including GitHub Repo’s work as well.
- Explain a bit about why you got into engineering? What drives you to continue your growth?
- Tell us about you personally, stuff you’re into – what your goals are, where you are in life and where you want to be in life. This may not be your dream job, but who knows maybe we can work together to help it become so!
- BONUS: Include a video of yourself telling us a little bit about yourself – just post it on Vimeo/YouTube/etc. This will greatly increase your chances of an interview! 🙂
That’s it 🙏! We look forward to meeting you!
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/demio-software-engineer-php-fully-remote