Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
The Runner Experience Team provides a world class customer service experience to all who run, every day, in a run happy way.
As a Temporary Runner Experience Specialist (Customer Service Specialist), you will respond enthusiastically to emails, calls, social media, chats, text and product reviews during our busiest season.
This is a temporary full-time position.
Start dates: October 16th or October 23rd, 2023
End Date: Mid-late January 2024
You will be responsible for providing expert product knowledge and supporting all areas of the business where a direct connection to a runner is present, including providing support for our website, marketing and events, and retail partners as well as fulfilling our product guarantee by evaluating product issues and providing solutions for runners. You will gather data on opportunities for improvement in the customer experience to keep us driving forward. You will be the first and last point of contact to resolve customer inquiries and concerns, ensuring conversations end with a surprised and delighted customer, every time.
- Be available to answer calls up to 8 hours a day and respond to other written contact channels (including social media, chat, text) as needed . Ability to work any hours between 6am-5pm PDT, Sunday-Friday, and some holidays.
- Communicate to customers with a passion for service and a sincere desire to help
- Seek positive, timely solutions to all customer’s questions and concerns, using a variety of system resources
- Learn about our products via onsite training and provide expert product advice, acting as a brand ambassador.
- Order administration including placing, tracking & modifying orders, processing returns, and researching delays or errors.
- Evaluate and track root cause of customer contacts to provide data for continuous improvement, reporting recurring issues quickly to appropriate leadership.
- Respond to challenging situations positively, de-escalate frustrated customers
- Evaluate situational needs to determine and execute appropriate solutions
- Manage time effectively and exhibit a strong ability to multi-task
- Access and combine information from multiple systems to provide order details and analyze problems when they occur
- Assist with order fulfillment when automated processes fail
- Recognize potential fraudulent web transactions and escalate when appropriate
- Work with cross-functional teams to assist customers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Available to work 40 hours a week from October 16, 2023 or October 23, 2023 – Mid to Late January 2023.
- Associates degree or 1+ years customer service experience required (Contact Center or Specialty Run experience a bonus!)
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook, Social Media
- Accuracy in typing (60 wpm), spelling and grammar.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear communication.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude, balancing conflicting priorities to execute the most urgent work first
- Ability to learn various business systems and navigate between them to execute job efficiently
- Ability to manage adverse situations positively
- Proven ability to work effectively independently as well as with a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
- Ability to quickly analyze the details of a situation and provide solutions, making recommendations when multiple solutions exists to create the best outcomes.
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary.
- Ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
Pay is $20/hour if located within 35 miles of Seattle. Pay is $18/hour for all other locations.
Brooks is proud to offer a robust benefits package to our employees and their families!
Benefits- including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, HSA and employer contribution, FSA, family & fertility assistance, 401K Savings Plan and match, employee assistance program, and transportation assistance.
Paid Time Off– Brooks offers generous time off including three to five weeks of paid time off, eleven paid holidays, paid sick and parental leave.
Bonus- in addition to base pay, Brooks employees may also be offered an annual bonus based on company performance.
Perks- including product discounts, a home office stipend, employee recognition, fitness discounts, volunteer and donation benefits.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.