At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Customer Marketing Manager to lead impactful and data-driven campaigns to delight our customers and drive long-term value. Leveraging your expertise in the developer tooling industry, you will craft targeted marketing programs to engage and nurture customers throughout their lifecycle, driving retention and revenue growth.
This role requires a creative and analytical thinker with experience building and executing customer marketing programs in a fast-paced, agile environment. If you have a passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences for developers, we want to hear from you.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and execute customer marketing strategies to drive activation, retention, and expansion for existing customers, including upsell campaigns, and targeted marketing communications.
- Analyze customer data to identify patterns, trends, and opportunities to segment and personalize marketing campaigns for maximum impact.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Sales, Product, Support) to provide customer insights and align on customer-focused initiatives.
- Manage customer communication channels for customer marketing campaigns, including email, in-app messages, webinars, and events.
- Create and maintain customer journey maps to ensure that marketing strategies are aligned with the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Continuously monitor, analyze, and report on the performance of customer marketing initiatives, using findings to refine and optimize future campaigns.
- Stay current with the latest trends and technologies in customer marketing to ensure our strategies remain innovative and effective.
- Minimum of 2 years in customer marketing, lifecycle marketing, retention, and customer success roles, preferably in a tech or startup environment.
- Strong understanding of the developer ecosystem, including knowledge of programming languages, software development practices, and developer tools.
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM, marketing automation platforms, and analytics tools.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions. Expert proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets is required, R, Python, and/or SQL proficiency preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate, communicate, and project manage across teams. Previous customer-facing work is a plus.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to adhere to design and project workflows, ensuring consistency and quality in all work.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The San Francisco, CA base pay range for this role is $113,000.00 – $147,000.00. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.