As audiences finally return to enjoy movies together again in theaters, a wave of independent cinemas is emerging to engage the next generation of film fans with more creative, inclusive and premium experiences. We believe there’s nothing like the communal joy and power of the cinematic experience to connect us and empower new voices, so we are committed to helping these theaters thrive!
Built with a focus on modern design and seamless functionality, Filmbot provides a customizable website and streamlined ticketing point-of-sale system for cinemas and film festivals to sell more tickets and better engage their customers. Proudly supporting contemporary spaces and historical renovations spanning the country from New York to California to Alaska, we recently surpassed three million tickets sold through our platform to date and are continuing to grow.
Now we’re seeking a proactive Customer Experience Manager who shares our passion and enthusiasm for the moviegoing experience who will care deeply about supporting the long-term success of all our cinema and festival partners.
You will be the point-of-contact they will trust and rely on for friendly, clear and professional customer support, which will be rooted in your deep and comprehensive understanding of our platform’s functionality and capabilities.
- A “people person” who can confidently interact with a range of client personalities/roles
- Friendly and energetic, with a special ability to listen, empathize and demonstrate patience and maturity
- Observant and intuitive, noticing trends based on conversations with customers that lead to insights you share with the team
- Genuinely cares about making customers feel happy and supported
- Organized with a sincere attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize inbound client inquiries, shift gears from one to the next, and proactively generate solutions
- Comfortable operating within a small team, rather than a large corporate environment
- Always curious and unafraid to ask questions about the platform, as well as escalate client situations for additional guidance
- Optimistic about the future of the cinematic moviegoing experience
- 2-5 years of customer support experience for a SaaS product
- At least 2 years of experience with WordPress
- Based in a North America timezone
- Familiarity using support ticketing email software such as Help Scout and/or Zendesk
- Worked remotely in the past with a proven track record of accountability
- Fluency in English with a strong mastery of communication in writing and verbal form, meaning you can be concise, direct, clear and grammatically sound
- Available 4 hours per day (windows for each day to be scheduled in advance together)
- Available long-term in this part-time role, which may grow into a more full-time position
- Bonus experience:
- Managing accounts and client relationships
- Quality assurance testing for SaaS products
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with small-business accounting
- Respond to customer support tickets to ensure full resolution
- Train cinema and festival staff on the full range of platform functionality, from setup and onboarding to core features and new updates
- Review, edit and contribute new articles to our online helpdesk
- Expand FAQ documentation for more efficient customer support responses
- Share feedback and insights to management based on customer interactions
- Occasional product QA
- You will be hired as a direct part-time employee (not self-employment)
- $40/hr (20 hrs per week)
- $670 monthly health reimbursement arrangement for U.S. residents
We are seeking an employment start date in early November, though have flexibility depending on the candidate.
In your cover letter, please provide answers to the following questions which are required for consideration:
- Why does a part-time role work best for you currently?
- What’s your favorite part of providing customer support?
- What is your favorite movie theater (past or present) and why?
We look forward to meeting you!