Do you love solving problems and have a passion for helping others? Are you looking for a fast-paced environment where you have the freedom to challenge the status quo and the opportunity to exceed expectations daily? Then our Customer Support Representative I may be the position for you. This position requires fast learning, sleuth-like skills at times, and an unflappable positive attitude.
Let us introduce ourselves…
We’re a team of driven, conscientious individuals with a clear mission: to make accounting and payroll fast, simple and affordable for millions of American businesses and their accountants.
It’s not enough to have a “good job”. It takes connection, culture, encouragement, growth opportunities, challenges, communication, and so much more to create an environment where people and ideas flourish.
We are Patriot Software; a fully remote company with 175+ employees spread across the United States and a co-working space in Canton, Ohio.
Our search for a new team member always starts by seeking a quality individual who desires to live by our core values:
- We give more than we take
- We don’t take shortcuts
- We lead. We don’t follow
- We follow the Golden Rule
- We grow leaders
Interested in learning more? Great! Read on to see if your skills are a match, too.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Make connections with customers by providing personalized customer service via phone, live online chat, or email (no robots here!).
- Combine payroll, accounting, and tax knowledge with problem-solving skills to answer customers’ questions.
- Be an internal customer advocate to help influence product development and new features.
- Constantly learning and expanding on your software knowledge, new features, and accounting and payroll skills.
- Guide and answer software questions on new product features and how the software works.
Please note this is a sample of what you’ll be doing. This job requires you to be able to adapt to change quickly in order to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Your duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What You’ll Need:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree and/or a combination of equivalent experience (bonus if it’s in Accounting, Finance, or Mathematics!).
- Working knowledge of USA-based payroll, payroll tax, and accounting (or if you’re a quick learner and are willing to learn, we’re willing to teach!).
- Tech-savvy (we are a software company, after all). You have to be comfortable learning new programs and can’t be intimidated by new technology.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment—because change is our only constant!
- Self-motivated but able to work with team members when needed.
- Must be able to use your time wisely, stay organized, and prioritize various tasks throughout the day.
- Superior customer service skills, including verbal and written communications (this is a must). As the voice of Patriot, you’re on the frontlines!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location & Commitments:
Full-time, Direct Hire and 100% Remote role
This position is open to all candidates who legally reside and are eligible to work in the United States. This position is currently not open to applicants in the following locations: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Washington D.C.
Working hours are established by each team and department based on business needs. For this role, core working hours are typically between 8am – 5pm EST, Monday through Friday. Due to the nature of our businesses, we have busy seasons and “right-nows” that occasionally require working outside of core hours.
Patriot is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability or sex.
More Reasons to Love Patriot:
We pride ourselves on our company culture and value our employees’ hard work. Aside from the freedom to introduce new ideas or technologies, here are some of the awesome benefits our full-time employees enjoy:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Section 125 HSA and FSA accounts
- Benefits starting 1st of the month after hire
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Up-to-date hardware and equipment provided
- Flexible scheduling and opportunities for advancement
- Engaging and collaborative company culture
- Education reimbursement
Are you ready to take the next step in your career?