Current Mobile: Business Intelligence Manager
Headquarters: Chicago, IL
Our mission as a company is to enable budget-conscious consumers to earn additional passive income from their everyday habits. We have millions of monthly users and have achieved over 2,500% revenue growth in 2020. Our users earn millions of dollars a year in rewards by using our products.
Current Mobile Inc is a US-based company that builds mobile technology products for budget-conscious consumers. Our products let people around the world earn passive income while using their mobile phones for daily habits like music, games, news, shopping, browsing, charging, and even unlocking their device. Our passionate team of innovation leaders relentlessly convert user attention and data into rewards.
Our flagship products, Current Rewards, and Mode Smartphone are hugely popular with millions of users around the world. It is our goal to provide a free Mode phone to every income-conscious consumer on the planet, enabling them to earn up to $100 each month while passively using their device. Our common purpose is to bring financial joy to the lives of our user base.
In 2018, Current became the first company to raise over $36M through an SEC-registered security token offering, to implement our royalty-paying token $CRNC across company product lines. We are rapidly growing. In the last 12 months, we have grown 25% month over month. As we embark on the next phase of our incredible expansion, we are looking for exceptional talent to help fuel the growth.
- You have an opportunity to be one of the first people to join a team of high caliber ambitious people who are out to challenge the status quo of content consumption.
- We’re a well-funded revenue-generating company, and have a runway for years to come.
- We are rapidly growing and as we embark on the next phase of our incredible expansion, we are looking for exceptional talent to help fuel the growth.
- We’re committed to bringing diverse industry experiences and perspectives together. The team is made up of alumni from Y-Combinator, Ivy League Universities, College Dropouts, Fortune 500, and everything in between.
- We have superior financiers and advisors and several top-tier institutional investors.
- Our leadership team has worked together on various projects over the last seven years which has greatly impacted their ability to evolve from past challenges and build efficient and effective processes.
- We care about building a disruptive product that empowers our users. We think big!
Senior Product Marketing Manager Role and Responsibilities
To further our mission, we are looking for a leader to not only shape, but build the business intelligence function of Current as we embark on the next phase of our incredible growth. As we continue to scale, how should we evolve our BI strategy? How should it impact operational excellence? How will we continue to drive operating leverage from business insights as we grow our teams? How should we build business analysis and reporting models? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well funded, rapidly growing company in a high-profile role that will have a direct impact on strategic planning and decision making at Current. The individual will bring experience, energy, and insight as they work within teams and across all departments and product lines to build BI strategies and models to ensure key operational considerations are well understood, clearly communicated, and closely monitored.
We’d Love To Talk With You If…
- You have a minimum 3 years of related experience (data analysis/mining, business intelligence, data visualization), preferably in fast-paced consumer focused AdTech, mobile gaming, DTC, or FinTech companies.
- You have a very strong analytical, mathematical mindset and experience with mobile/web analytics tools and processes. You know how to build logical interconnections using numbers and communicate using numbers within the company.
- You have a good understanding of tech platform valuation metrics such as LTV, CAC, ARPU, retention, virality, etc. and have experience in deriving insights using these metrics.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business analytics, or a similar technical or business field (preferred).
- You have experience working with mobile/web analytics tools such as mixpanel, customer.io, google analytics, and preferably, visualization tools like Looker, Tableau and PowerBI.
You’ll be working closely with the leadership team and reporting directly to the VP of Operations, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Provide a vertical bridge through the business to communicate information of high value and to support decision making processes.
- Develop/enhance a wide range of strategic analysis, including sales efficiency / cost of sales drivers, pricing strategy, and market size analysis.
- Utilize company resources, market trends, patterns, as well as the appropriate tools and technologies to curate data.
- Impact the 5 Vs in data: Volume (quantity of data), Variety (types of data), Veracity (reliability of data), Velocity (accessibility / usability of data) and Visualization to add the most value.
- Design new data collection models to better gather information. Ensure that data is being correctly gathered, stored, and analyzed.
- Assist data collection and data modelling to shape a meaningful data structure and reporting.
- Research and capture market trends and patterns from competitors and users.
- Understand and determine the data that the company needs, its right format, queries, reports and visualizations.
- Leverage the existing analytics and BI systems and platforms of the company to better serve the business operation.
- Work closely with marketing, product and business teams to identify data relationships, gaps, benefits and limitations, along with the right visualization and analytics tools.
- Extract, transform and load data to be sorted, filtered, analyzed and interpreted for business operation and strategy.
- Run complex reports from existing databases
- Analyze information on emerging markets
How We Work
Current is committed to learning, exploring new ideas & alternatives, and is united by curiosity. We are results-driven, use OKRs to guide us on our decisions, and emphasize goal accomplishment.
We put emphasis on the following Values:
- Lead with Purpose – Leadership does not necessarily mean management. Everyone is a leader, no matter the role. Taking pride in your responsibilities, finding & executing solutions is key.
- Focus on the ‘Why’- The best solutions start with everyone understanding the problem and its impact. We’ve found that if someone understands the ‘why’, they will produce an innovative ‘what’ and ‘how’. If we cannot explain the ‘why’ clearly, we don’t understand the problem ourselves.
- Bring a Sense of Humor – Our work environment is a lighthearted & positive place where employees are united by humor and camaraderie; we believe laughter is a great way to uplift employee morale and form bonds with each other.
- Set New Precedents – We drive innovation and push boundaries for all company activities while understanding that anything worth doing will have roadblocks. We set a new standard of worth for people’s time, data, and attention while rewarding what most other companies take.
- Collaboration – We won’t thrive without recognizing others strengths. Listen and evolve together, helping and supporting each other for the sake of a collective goal.
We believe in the following workplace Norms:
- Honor Commitments, Your Word Matters
- Specific Measurable Attainable Relevant & Timely (S.M.A.R.T) Asks & Answers
- Allow OKRs To Guide Us
- Individual & Departmental OKRs will largely impact success at Current
- Agree to Disagree & Commit
- Voice concerns in a respectful & appropriate manner directly to your manager or the Executive Team
- Assume Positive Intent
- Always start from the idea that a person meant well or was doing their best, no matter what they say or do
What We Are Offering
- We are a remote-first company so this position is 100% remote from anywhere that can do US CST / EST hours
- Participation in the company’s equity & token plan
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with employer contribution
- Work with highly curated high caliber people
- Celebrate employee personal milestones
- Remote team building activities every 6-8 weeks
- Virtual happy hours & virtual coffee buddies
- Bonus.ly – we use bonus.ly as a way to recognize and reward employees for their hard work + commitment
- Monthly virtual yoga + meditation classes
- We follow the “12 PM to 1 PM CST Break” – no meetings during this time to encourage team members to take a break in their workday!
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/current-mobile-business-intelligence-manager