Millions of people are looking to improve their lives through home ownership and smart usage of lending products like mortgages – but the whole process is confusing, opaque and reduced down to choosing the lowest rate and monthly payment. Meanwhile, most lenders aren’t helping their existing or potential borrowers through education and guidance the way they should.
We are changing this relationship! Hundreds of leading lenders rely on award-winning technologies from TrustEngine to build lasting borrower relationships that maximize lifetime customer value for the lender and empower the borrower. We are reimagining the lending and financial space by connecting borrowers with the right loan at the right time. Our team is always on the lookout for passionate and hardworking members who can help take us to the next level in helping borrowers achieve their goals.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a designer that loves the message and the experience as much as the aesthetic. So many jobs out there are looking for UX/UI designers and while knowledge of both of those is important, this role is about designing advertising creatives and UI in smart ways that allow them to scale while working with the product, marketing, and sales teams to highlight our unique benefits through top tier visuals.
The first major project we’re looking to tackle is a library of borrower experiences through advertising creatives that express the benefits that they can receive from purchasing a new home or refinancing their current home…or even, in some cases, waiting until a better time. Your expertise will also be used to guide our product teams towards the best user experiences.
We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, hands-on designer who loves to test and iterate on designs using both user tests and A/B testing to continuously improve the messaging and experience. You’ll be a solo designer, but you’ll be surrounded by a team that is passionate about delivering great experiences and continuously reaching new levels of learning and quality. In addition, you’ll be reporting to the VP of Product, who has a background in design and running creative teams.
We work fast and agile, so flexibility and incrementality is a key mindset for this role. Move fast, be imperfect, but be honest about the imperfection as we get better. Your designs will be used to communicate the value our business delivers and you’ll continuously have a chance to one-up yourself.
- Ability to create processes that make design scalable and repeatable once we identify the right path, including prototypes, asset libraries, and specifications for repeatability
- Evolve our design system to support advertising creatives for our customers and the borrowers they serve
- Connecting dots with data to create better experiences that inspire our users to interact
- Partner with product, engineering, and omni-channel to identify user needs, prioritize work, then set and achieve goals
- Bring new ideas to the table that could stretch the thinking of the rest of the team
- Excited to solve hard problems and the ability to push through when inspiration is out of reach
- A portfolio that shows off your product design and your iterative approach
- Master of design and prototyping tools, specifically Figma, though Sketch or Adobe XD can translate
- Deep understanding of user-centered design, information architecture, and interaction design
- A passion for using design to create results and questioning why, when the results don’t align with the hypothesis – then creating new design to test those new assumptions
- A strong passion for and extensive experience in investigating and answering hard business questions with data
- The role would benefit in experience from working in creative services, the mortgage industry, or on a SaaS product, but is not a requirement
- A degree or equivalent experience in HCD, HCI, service design, or experience design
Our benefits include but are not limited to the following: 100% company paid medical; company matching 401(k), paid maternity and paternity leave, unlimited FTO package, ongoing professional development and certification opportunities, competitive salary, special employee discounts and health and wellness perks.