[As of June 2020, Quora has become a “remote-first” company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the world, regardless of any location that might be specified above.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people’s heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge, and we’re building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
The International Community Development team at Quora is responsible for helping Quora’s best contributors achieve their goals on Quora. We provide support, guidance, assistance with moderation and other issues, and help the product team understand contributor feedback and sentiment.
Our team plays a critical role in achieving Quora’s mission to share and grow the world’s knowledge. We launched Quora in Danish two years ago and now Quora is accessible in 24 languages.
About the Role:
Quora is looking for a part-time contractor to activate and manage the writer community on Quora in Danish. As part of the team working on Internationalization, you will play a dynamic role in helping active contributors and influential figures find success on Quora in Danish.
You’re a native speaker, curious, driven, and excited to make a significant impact in helping achieve the company’s mission.
- Help attract, encourage, build, and manage Quora’s Danish writer community in Danish-speaking regions
- Be an active member of the Quora Danish community
- Evangelize Quora’s policies and take responsibility for major moderation decisions affecting active writers
- Develop and execute marketing strategies targeted towards recruiting valuable contributors to Quora
- Pursue growth-related partnerships and opportunities for Quora
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to better understand Quora’s Danish user needs
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora’s “coordination hours” (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- 1+ years experience growing and managing online communities
- Mastery of the Danish language; ability to write prolifically in grammatically correct Danish
- Professional English language fluency
- Experience working with technical teams at product-centric companies
- Passion for being part of an active writing community
- Proven ability to work independently with enthusiasm, energy, and drive
- Thoughtful usage of Quora and passion for our mission
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure