We’re passionate about the English language, and we design software that helps writers and editors produce their very best work. Our flagship product, PerfectIt, is the leading proofreading software for independent editors, proposal managers, medical writers and publications teams.
We’re a growing, profitable company; and we’ve been working 100% remote since before it was cool!
About the Role
This is a rare opportunity to join our management team. You’ll be responsible for motivating, mentoring and challenging a superb team of department managers. You will bring together our Customer Success, Account Management and Customer Support departments to drive client retention and grow the business.
You’ll provide cohesion between your departments and ensure that customer needs are heard across the company.
After learning how we run the business, you’ll strive to relentlessly improve our ways of working. That means you must be humble enough to learn each department first, but experienced enough to provide mentorship, management and job satisfaction to people who are already managers.
The job starts with a short learning period in each department you’ll be responsible for – Customer Success, Account Management, and Customer Support.
After that, you’ll become an active member of the management team. You’ll be the management team member responsible for customers who provide most of our revenue and you’ll act as the voice of the customer at management meetings.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and motivating our heads of Customer Success, Account Management and Customer Support.
- Working alongside other department heads to infuse the voice of the customer into all aspects of the business.
- Working with our CEO and the management team to own forecasting, make recommendations, and push through improvements to revenue generation.
- Moving teams to a metrics-driven approach, owning key metrics such as accounts under management, retention rates and response times, and demonstrating measurable results that improve every year.
- Improving proactive, repeatable processes and playbooks to drive consistently strong customer experience and streamline new customer onboarding.
- A strong belief in our company values of enthusiasm, empathy, listening, accepting, trust and quality.
- Leadership experience across post-sales functions such as customer success, account management, post-sales expansion revenue and customer support, and a passion for building high-performing teams who strive to deliver their best work.
- Understanding of, and track record with, a modern playbook for customer success.
- Experience of using metrics to focus a team on key outcomes.
- Interpersonal skills to build rapport with clients.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent vocational qualification.
- A keen interest in language, writing and editing.
Nice to Have
- Leadership experience in a software company.
- Professional writing or proofreading experience.
- Knowledge of house styles and style manuals.
An Accepting and Diverse Workplace
Intelligent Editing is committed to being an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a workplace that celebrates diversity. We do not tolerate discrimination. Our users are keepers of the written word, and we stand with those working to shine a light on all forms of exclusion and inequality. #BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter.
Summary of Highlights:
- Work from anywhere in the UK (we work 100% remote).
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- Annual £500 equipment allowance.
- Annual £500 personal development allowance.
- Annual £250 contribution towards a gym membership.
- Charity donation matching.
- In-person company away day as well as virtual gatherings.
Contract: Full-time, 40 hours per week.
Salary: £60-70,000 per annum depending on experience.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 31 October 2023.
We grade applications based on the quality of writing in your application form, so please answer all questions in full.