Buffer: Product Designer
03/18/21 1:24 am Design 0 Comments
We’re looking for multiple Product Designers to help us iterate and improve upon the foundation we’ve built as well as help imagine what’s next.
In this role you’ll refine and improve existing workflows and features with our scheduling, analytics, and engagement tools across desktop and mobile. Beyond our core offerings, you’ll also explore, prototype, and bring to life entirely new interfaces and experiences – both inside and outside of social media – all in service of helping more small businesses get off the ground and grow.
To be successful in this role you’ll need strong collaboration skills, a bias toward action, and a desire to continuously deliver value to customers that strikes a balance between their needs and our business objectives.
Day to day you’ll collaborate directly with product managers, engineers, product marketers, data scientists, and other designers. You’ll also work closely with our Customer Advocacy (support), Marketing, and Data team
In this role you’ll report directly to our VP of Design.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists, and other designers to actively scope and shape potential product solutions.
- Use prototypes and other lean design thinking tools to learn about our customers, their needs, and abilities.
- Solve for customer problems at scale, using a mix of research, customer interviews, product data, and your own intuition.
- Design well-crafted experiences that balance form, function, and our business goals.
- Help shape and improve our ever evolving design system.
- Support our Product, Engineering, and Advocacy (support) teams throughout the development, QA, and release lifecycles to ensure we’re delivering a great experience.
- Proactively seek and share feedback to help improve the overall quality of our products, our design thinking, and team culture.
- Be the voice of our customers and advocate for their needs and abilities.
- Uphold our values and code of conduct.
Helpful Skills and Experience
Please treat the items below as a starting point for a conversation and not a hard list of requirements. If this role sounds exciting we highly encourage you to apply.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- A portfolio that demonstrates screen design fundamentals including user flows, interfaces, prototypes, and a general understanding of interaction design.
- A solid grasp of visual design fundamentals including typography, color, composition, and hierarchy.
- Ability to synthesize feedback from multiple sources (customers, data, stakeholders) and find a path forward.
- Previous hands-on experience working on a web or mobile software product throughout the entire design lifecycle (discover, design, test, ship, and iterate).
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you’re excited by the possibilities that come with working at Buffer! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits.
💰 Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is: $125,000 – $145,000 USD.
🏝 Work remotely (globally): Live and work anywhere in the world!
💪 Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all team members, international or US.
💻 Home office setup: Get a laptop + $500 to set up your home office.
👓 Growth mindset fund: Extra money for learning and development.
⛺️ Minimum vacation: At least 3 weeks/year, with no upper limit.
🤑 401(k): With 3% company match.
🍼 Family leave: 3 months of family leave for all parents, and more is possible.
✈️ Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers twice per year.
☕️ Working smarter stipend: Get extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
📚 Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books – digital, physical, and audio – you like, anytime.
⛱ Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.
📈 Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits. We distribute 8-15% of profits annually to the team.
Hiring Process Overview:
Step 1: Values and Culture – We’ll spend some time getting to know each other and diving into Buffer’s values and culture.
Step 2: Role Interview – You’ll chat with other designers on our team, share a bit about your background, experience, and achievements, and learn more about the role.
Step 3: Take-home Exercise – We’ll share a short take home exercise with you. This will help us get sense of your critical thinking and communication skills.
Step 4: Team Interview – Finally you’ll chat with our VP of Design and a member of our product or engineering team.
Through March 28th – Apply to join the team!
March 29th – April 4th – We’ll review applications.
March 29th – We’ll begin notifying all applicants. Those selected will be moving onto the first stage of the interview process.
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/buffer-product-designer