Ranked #292 on Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies 2022
This role is remote, but the candidate will need to be based in California. Preference is given to candidates based in Los Angeles. Also, the candidate will need to be bilingual in Spanish.
WeeCare (weecare.co) is a fast-growing Los Angeles-based startup transforming childcare in the United States. Backed by top investors and VCs, we’re making childcare accessible to all families by connecting parents, caregivers, employers, and governments to offer benefits programs that meet ever-evolving family needs. It is our mission to make childcare affordable and accessible for all.
The role of the Senior Care Specialist:
The BOOST Care Specialist will walk parents/guardians through the application process to enroll their kiddos for care through WeeCare. You will be an expert on the enrollment and onboarding process and help guide this process seamlessly so parents/guardians have a partner during this experience. You are the representative for WeeCare, and we want our families to feel welcomed and at ease while signing up for care. This role will also assist with meeting with providers in the Los Angeles area to complete provider checks to ensure they are following all requirements, including safety, nutrition, and curriculum.
In this role, you will:
- Onboarding: You will learn by going through the experience yourself of enrolling a child through WeeCare. This will help you understand your role. Once you are an expert, you will walk families through this process just like you did.
- Enrollment: Take the parents on the enrollment journey with you, from that first phone call to filling out the online forms, to getting them to the final step of finding the right type of child care.
- Understand: Learn how the enrollment process starts by understanding the enrollment cycle, where it begins, the actual enrollment process, and the next step so you can set parents up for success when they enroll with you as their guide.
- Manage: Many parents will be looking to enroll with WeeCare, so it is important to manage the workload by keeping on top of where each parent is in the enrollment process.
- Data & Optimization: We like to learn from our experiences. You will be responsible for metrics to see how long it takes to complete enrollment from start to finish and how we can improve the process.
- Details: Sometimes, you will have special requests or cases. You will own that by contacting the right person to answer your questions to ensure a smooth enrollment process.
- Provider Visits: You will visit daycare providers in the Los Angeles area to conduct a provider visit to ensure providers follow all the State of California requirements, including nutrition, safety, documentation, etc. You will write up your experience, make recommendations, and follow up on those to ensure each provider has a safe environment for all.
You’ll excel at this role if you:
- Previous experience working remotely in a customer-focused facing role.
- You love multitasking, and being able to manage multiple things at a time is how you thrive.
- You enjoy talking with people and helping them during a process that can feel like there are a lot of parts, but you are their guide to assist them.
- Working and interacting with parents in previous roles.
We really like candidates for this role if you have the following:
- Bonus: Background previously working for a marketplace.
- Being bilingual is mandatory for this role.
- Experience working in any of these areas: marketplace, government, or business development.
- Passionate about education, child development, youth, and making an impact.
- Knowledge of the childcare industry and its challenges.
- Previous startup experience, bonus if it has been in tech.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, dynamic environment with little supervision, someone that is a go-getter.
- Someone who is solution-oriented, assertive, a quick thinker, and a pioneer.
What the Interview Process will look like:
- 1st Interview: Human Resources Manager
- 2nd Interview: Program Director, BOOST
- 3rd Interview: Take-Home Challenge
- 3rd Interview: Meet various members of the WeeCare Team
Let’s talk about the perks at WeeCare:
- Salary Range: $65,000 – no range.
- Comprehensive Benefits – Medical, Vision, Dental, Short and Long Term Disability.
- Parent Leave – WeeCare provides a generous 8-week parental leave!
- Monthly Fringe Benefits – Pick something fun for yourself!
- 401K with a 3% Match – You invest in us, we are going to invest in your future.
- Flexible Paid Time Off – We encourage you to take time for yourself.
- Equity – We want our employees to be stakeholders.
- Paid access to co-working spaces – Come join us at WeWork!
- Stipend to outfit your home office – We are 100% remote, so find that comfy chair!
- Yearly professional development stipend – We support career development for all employees.
Compensation determinations rely on various factors, encompassing the position level, the individual’s skills, knowledge, and capabilities, the location where the role is based, internal fairness considerations, and alignment with market data.
WeeCare, as an E-Verify participant and equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Rest assured that all your information will be treated confidentially in accordance with EEO guidelines.
Job Title: BOOST Care Specialist
Exempt / Non-Exempt: Exempt
Department: BOOST – Operations
Reporting to: Program Director, BOOST
Estimated Start Date: August 2023