BodesWell‘s mission is to bring the benefits of financial planning to the 85 million US households who don’t already have a financial planner. We do this by partnering with banks, insurance companies, and financial advisors. We co-develop versions of BodesWell to meet their client’s needs, and we do whatever we can to help those clients reach their financial goals.
Client Success teammates at BodesWell work directly with our customer’s clients, helping them get the most out of our product. You quickly answer their questions over email. You use great judgement to escalate difficult or technical problems. You partner with our product team to make sure that client needs are being communicated clearly and our product priorities align with our clients’ needs.
Our ideal hire has personally experienced the power of financial planning and wants to share that with more people. You believe in the value of client success as a career, and you are eager to champion our clients as they use our software to reach their financial goals. This is an opportunity to be the first (!) member of our Client Success team, so you will get to help build the processes and set the standards for the whole company as well as help our clients.
About the role
You will be the founding member of our Client Success Team. You’ll spend 25-40% of your time in the queue helping customers. You will be coming on to the team just before a major product launch, so there will be some “drinking-from-a-firehose” days.
Your first month on the job will be dedicated to meeting the BodesWell team, getting set up for 100% remote work, and training in both our’s and our customer’s approaches to client communication.
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team with product, engineering, and design teammates who all share the same focus: learning from our customers and using that knowledge to decide what problems to solve and how to solve them.
When the team launches new features or improvements, you will be responsible for making updates to any of our public documentation. You will collect and analyze client usage data, and gather insights from your interactions with clients. This process is a clear way you can collaborate with your team to help ensure our customer’s most important problems are being considered.
You’ll assist the team by participating in customer research, testing the product, and generally pitching in to make the product a success.
A typical day for you in this role…
- Help customers in our Unassigned and Triage queues
- Hop on a call to figure out a tricky issue or do some research for an upcoming project
- Spend time reproducing and documenting bugs, or documenting customer feature requests for your team to consider working on
- Comment on and organize cards in Jira to make sure trending items are appropriately escalated to engineering
- Join our team standup at 12:30pm ET
- Analyze conversation and customer data to build a comprehensive understanding of what problems are customers
- Partner with the BodesWell Product Manager to discuss top customer and product trends, key takeaways, and the team’s product strategy
- Answer a couple product questions from your colleagues in Slack to help them do their job
- Read through product discovery documentation to provide feedback for others on the team
- You have years of experience with software customer support. You may have managed teams of support or success folks before, but that experience is not required for this role.
- You’re experienced with and thoughtful about financial planning and budgeting. That is required. You do not need to have CFA or other financial planning certifications.
- You love helping people, and are genuinely curious about solving challenges for them. You’re an empathetic, collaborative, and patient teammate.
- You have experienced first hand the power of financial planning. You can relate to the feelings of uncertainty, doubt and discomfort around money topics. You know what it’s like to get a handle on personal debt, income and spending, and turn it from an uncertainty into a strength.
- You’re eager to become a BodesWell product expert. Since you’ll be handling the tough cases and working directly with Product and Engineering folks, you’ll have to know the product inside and out.
- You are more technical than the typical customer service professional, but it could be in a number of different ways. Maybe you can code, or maybe you are excellent at QA’ing things, or maybe you just have a knack for solving tricky problems.
- You can write very well, and are excellent at thoroughly explaining complicated concepts in a simple way.
- You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- You’re eager for a challenge. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better. Former teammates and managers would call you resilient. At BodesWell, we work together as a team, which means we encourage each other to improve as a team.
- You are located in the Americas or EMEA (between-8 through +2 UTC). We believe in strong work-life balance, and since you’ll be working closely with Engineering, Product, Design, and Marketing Teams, we are focusing our search to these timezones. You must be able to commit to core hours of 10AM-2PM EST or 9AM-1PM EST.
Startup Experience – As the first member of the Client Support team, and an early teammate at BodesWell, you will have the opportunity to make an outsided impact on our trajectory as a company. For the right person, there’s no better learning experience.
Competitive salary – Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.
Equity – After one year of working on the team, you will have the option to become an owner of BodesWell.
Health and dental insurance – We provide excellent health/dental insurance. If you are based in the US, we’ll cover you on our policy. If you’re based outside the US, we’ll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Vacation – We offer three weeks in addition to public holidays.
Set you up for success — we’ll get every new teammate a Mac laptop or equivalent of their choice, and provide a $1000 stipend so you can feel ready to work from home.
Company transparency – Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
BodesWell is a globally distributed team of experienced startup folks who want to bring the benefits of financial planning to everyone. The company was founded in 2019 by Matthew Bellows and Bernie Bernstein, two successful startup founders who were unhappy with the status quo.
Our commitment to you
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We are not a diverse group now, but we will fix that as we grow. Matthew’s previous company, Yesware, has been recognized numerous times as a diverse and wonderful place to work. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but we are more motivated by the fact that a diverse work environment is just better in every way.
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/bodeswell-io-client-success-teammate