Vasion is looking for a Backend Software Compliance Engineer that exemplifies our core values and wants to be part of our growing team. We are committed to making digital transformation attainable to everyone by building an affordable, integrated SaaS solution that simplifies business processes. Vasion offers a flexible working environment for our 300+ employees across the world, including at our global headquarters in St. George, Utah, or in one of our other offices in the UK, Germany, and Lehi, Utah
As a Backend Software Compliance Engineer with FedRAMP experience at Vasion, you will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining the backend infrastructure for our secure software applications. You will work in a collaborative environment, partnering with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and deploy solutions that meet the rigorous security and compliance requirements of FedRAMP (Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program).
- Software Development: Design, develop, and maintain scalable and secure backend solutions for our software applications, ensuring they meet the specific requirements and standards of FedRAMP.
- Security and Compliance: Implement and enforce security best practices, encryption, access controls, and other measures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data, in compliance with FedRAMP guidelines.
- Architecture and Design: Collaborate with the engineering team to design and architect systems that can withstand rigorous security assessments and meet FedRAMP controls.
- Performance Optimization: Continuously improve the performance and efficiency of backend systems, ensuring high availability and responsiveness.
- Testing and Quality Assurance: Develop and execute test plans to verify the correctness and security of backend components. Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality.
- Documentation: Maintain clear and detailed documentation of all backend systems and processes to facilitate FedRAMP assessments and compliance reporting.
- Troubleshooting and Support: Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to resolve issues related to backend systems, working closely with the support and operations teams.
- Security Audits and Assessments: Participate in security audits and assessments to ensure that the systems and applications adhere to FedRAMP requirements.
- Strong understanding of FedRAMP requirements and experience working with federal government clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- A track record of 3+ years of related development experience
- Gateway and microservice development (Golang, PHP, Python, AWS/DevOps, Docker)
- Relational Database Development (MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, etc…)
- Github Actions or Jenkins
- Strong organizational, communication, time management skills and a capacity for attending to details. Must work well with others
- Domain-Driven Design
- Knowledge of development principles, methods, and processes
- Proficient with problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, able to work productively with supervision
- Flexible work environment
- Paid parental leave
- Vacation Bonus
- Flexible paid time off
- Competitive pay
- A full suite of traditional benefits
- Training/Advancement opportunities
- 401k with company-match and immediate vesting
- Financial wellness education
- Company-contributed HSA
- Onsite perks include gym, pickleball, snacks & drinks, arcade, theater room, etc.
OUR CORE VALUES
Vasion looks for people who will exemplify its core values and are driven to become:
- Action Owners (Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin)
- Candor Seekers (Radical Candor by Kim Scott)
- Relationship Builders (Leadership and Self-deception by The Arbinger Institute)
- Storytellers (Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller)
MORE ABOUT VASION
Visit https://www.vasion.com and https://www.printerlogic.com.
Vasion is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and other legally protected characteristics.