Backend / Microservices Engineer
Do you remember what the Cloud was meant to be? Have you always thought: there’s a better way to do this? At Seaplane, we’re doing it! We believe in eliminating cloud waste, scaling globally, and having our users spend only on the compute they need, where and when they need it. So we built a control plane that takes users further using a serverless edge computing platform. Already we have points of presence in tens of countries around the world, and we’re growing fast.
Started in Silicon Valley and backed by Sequoia Capital, we think globally from day one. We’re a 100% remote company, committed to growing an inclusive team with the most talented people everywhere. All our roles are remote and available at all experience levels. If you are passionate about building and operating the next generation of global cloud systems, come work with us!
We value creativity, versatility, curiosity, and enthusiasm above specific knowledge in specific tools. Our culture is one of mutual respect and support, where we actively foster each other’s professional growth. We move fast, work hard, laugh a lot, and fearlessly Figure Things Out.
We’re hiring with time zone diversity in mind for uninterrupted service so teams can confidently hand off responsibilities as the sun moves.
We welcome applications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or taste in music.
We’re seeking entrepreneurial backend / microservices engineers to design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems within the Seaplane platform using TypeScript, WebAssembly, and more. You’ll be building entirely new products so experience as a generalist solving problems up and down to stack to delight users is ideal! We expect a high bar when working with production systems, but we have a diverse group of people with different expertise ready to help.
You’ll love this job if:
- You’re open to learning new technologies, programming languages, and concepts. We care much more about your general engineering skills than knowledge of a specific programming language.
- You deliver high-quality, maintainable software through a principled, “design document-first” approach.
- You’ve built extensible and maintainable APIs.
- You’re detail-oriented and delight in finding and solving performance issues: making quality releases drives you.
- You deeply understand the challenges of scalable distributed systems.
- You have endless curiosity and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently, finding simple solutions for complex problems.
- You have empathy for internal customers.
- You put EQ above ego and focus on team success, helping your team members through code reviews.
As an early team member you will help shape our technology, operations, and the future of our service. You will work on projects through their entire lifecycle, from initial requirements, to implementation, and production operation. As a startup, we appreciate your ability to do what’s needed now, while planning for the future. Besides our internal systems, you will have the opportunity to contribute to open source communities, and help us delight our customers too! Working as a team, we’ll cover a lot of ground and grow together.
If you have interest or experience in such technologies then you’ll love what we’re doing. Join us in building and operating the future of serverless in the Seaplane cloud!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.