NeuroNation is a leading Brain Training platform that empowers more than 20 million people all over the world in staying fit and independent in their lives.
We collaborate closely with scientists and universities to achieve the best results possible. Our engaging apps have received awards from major health insurance companies, such as the AOK, funded by the German Federal Ministry of Health. Also, NeuroNation has been awarded by Apple and Google. Our medical app can be prescribed by doctors in Germany, while cost are covered by the public health insurance.
To get to the next level, we are looking for a passionate Backend Developer to contribute to the product. We welcome both medior and senior developers to apply, as you’ll learn a lot of new things in either case. Your mission will be to develop solid services and infrastructure, supercharging product and growth efforts, and having a positive impact on the lives of millions of people all over the world.
If you want to help us shape a better tomorrow, join us today!
What will you do?
- Develop interesting and challenging new features, and maintain and operate the Backend system that serves millions of NeuroNation users
- Contribute to our microservices with your code, ideas and best practices in Backend development
- Take responsibility over the code and ensure its efficiency and stability
- Contribute to the efforts to deploy and operate our system in order to provide a stable and scalable infrastructure
- Work with modern technology
- Work together and autonomously in a passionate cross-functional, agile team
- Have a direct impact on the success of NeuroNation as a product
What experience should you bring?
- PHP 8.x
- MySQL at least 5.7
- Writing raw SQL statements at scalable performance
- Deploying and operating systems
- Laravel Lumen or Slim
- MVC architectures
- Unit Testing
- Habit of writing clear, understandable and well-documented code
- You should have a stable and fast internet connection good for video calls
- Bonus: Kubernetes
- Bonus: Advanced knowledge of SQL for big tables, high performance and availability
- Bonus: Experience with any of the following: Heroku, AWS
Who are we looking for?
- You are PASSIONATE about having a positive impact on people’s lives with NeuroNation
- You have a personal interest in SELF-IMPROVEMENT
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a Backend Developer
- You are located in a timezone +-2h from Berlin (CET)
- You are located in the EU or UK or Switzerland
- You are a team-player and love to help out your colleagues
- Create something that is of real value to people
- Have a big impact on our platform that reaches out to millions of people all over the world
- Create something exciting, instead of spending your life with boring corporate, agency and advertising jobs
- Revolutionise the health and education systems
- Flexible working hours (our core working times: 9:30am – 4:30pm CET)
- If you prefer regularly working in the office, a desk can also be provided in our Berlin office or in your city, if there are suitable co-working spaces available
If you have any doubts if your profile fits the requirements, please submit anyway as we look for candidates who are talented and can make a difference.