Will you join us on a journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travellers, data, and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Back-End Engineer to help build the most scalable and flexible APIs in the industry. You will be joining FindHotel’s Marketplace Platform Tribe. You will be working with other squads across tribes and closely interact and actively collaborate with the Software Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientist, and PO in the team.
We are working with a modern stack consisting of Go, Redis, AWS (ElastiCache, ECS, S3, Batch), Snowflake, and more. We process thousands of requests per second and integrate with many suppliers and other partners. The products developed by the Offers team are a core part of FindHotel’s platform allowing us to offer the best possible comparison and offers to every traveller, worldwide. Hence, anything that you will develop and ship on production will have an immediate effect on our users and on our business performance. We work in a flexible, results-oriented and customer-centric team structure, focussed on shipping value in a collaborative fashion, with hopefully just the right amount of bureaucracy.
What you will actually be doing / responsibilities
- Work in a team to solve challenging problems, and design and develop products that will help to bring to our travellers the best deals available in the market.
- Identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvements in terms of performance, reliability, and code quality.
- Integrate and improve (new) provider integrations.
- Help to maintain and improve our infrastructure and scale it to support our continuous growth in a cost-effective way.
What a day in the office might look like
In the morning, you and your fellow engineers have a refinement session with the PO to discuss the upcoming features on the roadmap. You carefully consider the impact of the new feature on the entire product and raise questions and make suggestions of what is the most pragmatic approach to balance the technical excellence with the time to market. You are part of a discussion that builds on top of each other suggestions, ideas and comments. Today you have chosen to come to the office and after lunch you play table tennis or pool or go for a walk with colleagues in the city centre. In the afternoon, you enter a deep work period and finish working on improving a core component in the rates and availability API. Once down with that work you jump on a zoom call with the rest of the team to discuss the challenges and next steps with the PoC the team is building in this sprint. Throughout the day you monitor the product operations using DataDog.
Who we are looking for / requirements
- You hold a BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field
- You have a proven track record of designing, developing and shipping highly scalable software
- You have a proven track record working in a fast-paced agile environment
- You have strong experience with at least two programming languages such as GoLang, C#, Java
- Experience with GoLang is a plus
- You have experience with caching and setting up data pipelines.
- Experience working with data analysts and data scientist on analyzing data and identifying improvements is a plus
- You have experience with distributed systems
- You have experience with AWS, Terraform, and CI/CD tools.
- You have a sense of pragmatism, constantly finding the right balance between achieving technical excellence and delivering value to the end-users.
- You are flexible, curious, and independent, with a strong sense of ownership
- You treat documentation as a first-class citizen.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a can-do and can-learn attitude
Why join now?
- This year we will be helping +2M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features
- We are in fast growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% YOY for the past 2 years and still growing in 2020 despite the pandemic
- Completing our mission means building an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make an impact in the online world.
Is FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO’s blog post
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely – we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden
Blog posts worth reading: