Azura Bay: Marketing Growth Manager
04/02/21 11:47 am Marketing 0 Comments
Headquarters: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
THE JOB – Marketing Growth Manager for Conscious Fashion Brand
This is a dream role for someone who is excited to chase bold growth but also wants their work to have a positive impact on people and the planet. Grow with us – help a rapidly scaling small business hit our aggressive goals and have the chance to create your ideal full-time role!
To the ambitious creative who is ready for a new challenge:
I am looking for a high-energy marketer with a growth and experimentation mindset, and a passion for creating positive impact on the world.
Someone who loves to work on creative and strategy, and is excited to use their eye for visual design, copywriting and willingness-to-learn-anything-social-media-throws-at-us research skills to build our community, drive revenue and profitability in our business and ultimately positively impact the world through ethical + eco fashion.
About me + my brand:
Hi! I’m a corporate marketer turned small business owner determined to make fashion cute, comfy and conscious.
Five short years ago, as a recent grad of business school and working a corporate job, I thought there had to be something much more exciting and fulfilling than a grey cubicle and climbing the corporate ladder. I wanted more freedom, more impact, more colour.
Fashion was something that I had always been intrigued by, even competing in my city’s local “Project Runway” – but I was appalled at the impact fast fashion has on the people producing it and the planet.
At the time, sustainable + ethical fashion was mostly made up of plain organic cotton t-shirts and hemp festival wear, forget tricky to find items like intimates, and I thought there had to be a way to combine these values with clothes I needed and actually want to wear!
Azura Bay was born from the dream to make it easy for women to shop their values and feel comfy and empowered in our pieces – while empowering the people producing our products and being kind to the planet. I only source ethically made pieces, choose eco friendly fabrics as much as possible, and every order gives back to environmental and women’s rights organizations. Launched in 2015 from my basement, I have created a community of #ethicalfashion lovers that are changing the way fashion is done – and moved into a proper warehouse ;).
Now, Azura Bay is rapidly scaling and looking for a passionate and creative person to help us grow.
Right now I need someone to jump right in and take over our entire creative strategy + execution for Instagram, email and blog – but next up could be creating paid social ads, diving into Pinterest, TikTok or anywhere we find a great growth opportunity! I would love it if you came to me with your advice and suggestions based on your expertise, research and data.
Over the long-term, I see this quickly growing to a full-time position, so you have the opportunity to choose the direction you want your position and expertise to grow.
What you will own + drive forward:
- Thought leadership – work with our Founder to make Azura Bay approachable, educational, trustworthy, and loved via storytelling and beautiful visual content. You’d be comfortable writing in our brand voice and building on what got us here to grow to the next level.
- Day-to-day implementation – right away you’d take over designing, caption writing, posting, commenting, responding to DMs for our Instagram account, creating beautiful and effective email campaigns, and converting the best content to blog posts for our website. You’d help make sure our website is looking its best with copy that converts.
- Sales growth – develop content that supports our community, our brand values and ultimately hit aggressive performance goals and drive sales. Oversee content for the entire customer lifecycle, that drives acquiring new customers and improves repeat sales.
- Design + Copywriting; creating, managing, and making sure it supports our company and marketing objectives as well as consistency in brand voice; then analyzing performance and results. As a little test of your attention to detail, please include the phrase “Mint Mojito” in the first paragraph of your cover letter.
- Brand experience – Be a close partner with all of our team members to drive the business forward while maintaining an exceptional experience for our community + customers.
I’d love to hear from you if you have these experiences, skills, and interests:
- It equally drives you crazy when a design is busy/overwhelming as well as when it’s pretty without purpose (you have a passion for effective and elevated design)
- You’ve grown a profitable Instagram account for a brand or personal brand in the last year, specifically improving sales growth from that channel
- You love to experiment and learn about new design, marketing/communication strategies and tactics
- You are passionate about making the world a better place and willing to dive deep into fast fashion, climate breakdown, and social justice topics and communicate this to our community in a positive, supportive, and educational manner
- You are incredibly detail-oriented
- You love flexibility and are willing to adapt to high demand times like weekend product launches and holiday campaigns
- You have experience taking marketing projects from conception to launch, managing projects alongside team members, freelancers and/or agencies.
- You enjoy doing whatever it takes to problem-solve and execute on complex creative projects
- You’re excited to use data to show your impact
- You love the idea of working for a rapidly growing business
- Experience running profitable Facebook or Pinterest ad campaigns
- Building an audience on TikTok or working with TikTok influencers
- Photoshop and/or video editing experience
Who this is not for:
- If you’re looking for a short-term project
- If you don’t like learning or experimenting
- If you aren’t confident pitching your own ideas
- If you need to be managed closely to stay on track
What we offer:
- Remote + flexible position (we’re based in Canada, operate on CST, meetings preferred during 8 am – 5 pm hours, you can work on projects any other time)
- Competitive compensation for contractor starting at 20-25 hrs/week
- Career growth opportunity in a fast-growing company
- Friendly and supportive team
Go to posting –>1. Write a cover letter that answers:
- Why do you think you’d be the best person for this position?
- Tell us why you’re consistently a top performer and give specific examples of achievements that would be a foundation for your success on our team.
- What are the last three things you learned that had an impact on your professional and personal life?
- What do you do for fun?
- What do you think it is that causes people to fall in love with a brand beyond just pretty pictures?
- What is exciting to you about this position?
2. Create ONE document (word/pages/PDF) that combines both your cover letter (first) and then resume (second).
3. Click the “Apply Now” button on this page or follow the link below to our application page: https://airtable.com/shr5VnIwJYNmAFrvZ
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/azura-bay-marketing-growth-manager