Automattic: HR Wrangler
03/10/21 7:02 pm Business, Management and Finance 0 Comments
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Would you like to take part in building the future of our distributed workforce? Automattic is a place like no other: our fast-growing team of 1300+ works from home (or any other location they choose), in one of 75+ countries, to democratize publishing and make the web a better place. Check out our Work With Us page for more info on how we work, our development process, and benefits.
The Human League (externally known as HR) team’s goal is to ensure our company is the best place Automatticians have ever worked, making each person feel welcomed, included, valued, and respected. Our mission is to be thought leaders by building and supporting a globally distributed, diverse, authentic and inclusive workforce, where Automatticians can thrive. We are looking for several Human (Resources) Wranglers to join our team and help scale our distributed model as we grow.
You will be a strategic partner to Automatticians, coach and guide the leadership team, manage global compensation, administer benefits programs, analyze employee engagement data, engage in performance management, develop learning opportunities and programs, to name just a few.
Do you have:
- Experience working with distributed team members?
- Experience working with team members from multiple countries?
- Experience supporting team leads and team members through all aspects of employment (onboarding, coaching others, brainstorming solutions, managing performance improvement plans)?
- 6+ years of HRBP (Human Resources Business Partner) experience?
- A passion for elegant, simple, automated solutions that keep operations running smoothly?
- A passion for working in dynamic, and fast-paced environments?
- An ability to see opportunities to make the work environment better and the initiative to move forward with action?
- Desire to learn and experiment with new processes and technologies?
- The ability to embrace and respond constructively to feedback?
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English?
- Experience using WordPress (most of our systems are based on WordPress)?
We are looking to expand our team and aim to reflect the diversity of Automatticians currently working with us. At Automattic, we value diversity and know that different perspectives will ensure our team is innovative and creative thinking.
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DE&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DE&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. You will need to attach a cover letter and résumé. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so make your application stand out.
Please answer the following questions in your application (applications without this information will not be reviewed):
- In one paragraph, describe your philosophy of HR, specifically addressing the balance between an HR employee’s responsibility to represent the company and the responsibility to advocate for team members.
- What’s your favorite HR tool and why?
- Tell us about an interesting HR situation you were involved in. What made it interesting to you? If the situation was an issue, how was it resolved?
- In one paragraph, describe the qualities that you admire in the best HR professional you’ve worked with.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/automattic-hr-wrangler