Aula: Senior Software Developer
03/02/21 8:10 am Programming 0 Comments
Headquarters: London, UK
Interested in designing and building the next generation of Education SaaS? We’re looking for a Fullstack Senior Software Developer to join our remote software development team. Join us as we create tools educators and students love!
You will join our small team of 9 developers, build and deploy features for a product that is scaling rapidly. Our team’s core focus is building a product reliably at scale. You are looking for a role where you can do that in a startup that supports you to grow and develop as we do.
- Full Remote Perm Role > £85,000 – £100,000 ($115,000 – $140,000)
- User focused SaaS product built in two week sprints in a React, Redux, Node.js, MongoDB, AWS Lambda/serverless environment.
- Grow as fast as our team does.
Aula is building a community-first product that brings together students and educators in a digital environment to interact and collaborate.
As an organisation we are Remote First. Our rituals allow us to have a team based all around the world and deliver excellently engineered solutions to complex user problems. As a Fullstack Software Developer you will work as part of a small product focused team on features and products that help us achieve our mission to enhance the way the world learns.
Technically we are a team that makes elegant solutions to large scale learning problems. We work in two week sprints, you architect, build and deploy the product that users enjoy using.
Aula is the Learning Experience Platform (LXP) for higher education.
We make it easy for educators to create community-first learning experiences that truly engage students. By combining easy-to-use technology with evidence-informed learning design, we save educators time while better supporting students’ success.
We’re a 35-person fully remote team spread across the globe from Nebraska to Pakistan.
Solve the most important problems. Work from anywhere.
- Be a part of a high-performing and inclusive team that values autonomy.
- Work with your teammates to set high goals — and celebrate success when we hit them.
- Contribute to building a collaborative, productive and friendly remote workplace.
- Build new features from the ground up as well as improving our existing product.
- Be user centric: attend user interviews and measure success based on user metrics.
- Be happy to provide production support, system diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Ensure consistency, performance, and reliability across platforms: desktop web, iOS & Android.
- Commit to high-speed iterations, high code quality, and continuous improvement via agile processes.
- Work directly with Product Designers and Managers to build, maintain and improve user experience.
About the team
Our Product Development team is made up of designers, engineers and product managers. We work closely with our data team and product support to ensure what we are building is loved.
We are a small engineering team who build a complex product with messaging, content editing and assessments used by huge academic institutions.
Our virtues are what makes Aula as an organisation unique.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion should not be mistaken with building an organisation where 8 billion people would thrive. We lean into what makes Aula unique: we’re building an organisation where high performing people are silly ambitious about improving education – at scale.
We judge our virtues by what we do, not what we say.
Our virtues are
🚀 Silly Ambitious
🔍 Uncomfortably Focused
🗣 Transparent by Default
What you need to do the Job
The most important thing about you is that you are curious and care deeply about building great products that affect people’s lives. You are transparent, considerate and ready to work hard to further our mission.
We’re looking for software engineers who care about shaping our users’ experience, building and supporting features across the entire stack (more emphasis on the frontend).
- 5+ years Engineering experience, ideally across the stack.
- Experience building products end to end, ideally within a SaaS company.
- Product mindset. Ability to break down work into deliverables that bring value to users.
Nice to have:
- Proven track record of working and communicating effectively with Product Managers, Design, Data and Support.
- Experience with automated testing: unit, integration and e2e.
- Incident response experience.
- Practical knowledge of cloud infrastructure management.
You approach everything you do proactively and are always looking for ways to improve and innovate. You understand that this is a small team in a startup that is scaling and are excited to contribute to the Aula story.
How to Apply
Apply today by following the link and including your CV and anything else you feel is relevant for our team to know.
A fair chance
Every role in the Aula team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we’re committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/aula-senior-software-developer