This position is fully remote and requires candidates to be residing in and authorized to work in the United States. Candidates should be able to reliably work CST hours.
About this Role
Glorious is a lifestyle gaming hardware company, built by passionate enthusiasts on a mission to change the status quo of the gaming industry. Since 2014 we’ve provided gaming hardware and accessories engineered for elite-level performance, premium quality, and high-end aesthetics.
Due to planned growth in product development, we are currently looking for an Associate Product Developer. This person will assist with the development of keyboards and relevant accessories, with the potential to expand in the future. The ideal candidate will have experience with and a passion for designing and delivering consumer electronics, with the desire to learn and grow their product development experience.
This position reports to a Product Manager. The person in this role will work cross-collaboratively with our other product managers, designers, engineers, and our testing teams, as well as contract manufacturers.
The starting annual salary for this role is $60,000-65,000 depending on knowledge, skills, experience, and education.
- Participate in the development and management of a product roadmap for keyboards and keyboard accessories
- Define requirements and specifications for new products by creating Product Requirement Specifications (PRS) documents
- Determine end users’ needs and desires by specifying and performing research needed to obtain market information
- Research and appraise new products; define product scope, product vision, and participate in design discussions
- Conduct testing and analysis on physical prototypes and competitor products to validate claims, gather data, and help foster innovation
- Work with industrial designers, engineers, and other members of the Glorious team to help develop products according to specifications and vision
- Work closely with the software team to integrate software functionality into hardware products
- Coordinate all phases of prototyping and product manufacturing to validate that deliverables from the factories meet our spec requirements and are functional
- Develop an effective relationship with all internal and external stakeholders, e.g. suppliers, manufacturers, and other business areas to ensure product vision is achieved
- Provide regular updates on work via project management software
- Coordinate with testing teams to ensure all products meet our high quality standards
- Located and authorized to work in the United States
- Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection
- Professional fluency in English
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or the equivalent combination of experience and training
- 1+ years of experience with product development in physical products and consumer technology; experience with gaming peripherals is a plus, but not required
- 1+ years of experience in defining requirements and specifications for physical products
- General knowledge of how market research is used to collect data and identify fact or trend-based opportunities for new products
- General knowledge of Color, Material, and Finish (CMF) principles and practices is a plus, but not required
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
Truly remote-first environmentComprehensive health care coverage (medical, vision, & dental)Paid time off and paid holidaysRetirement planAnnual bonus opportunityEmployee discount on Glorious purchases
Based in Dallas, TX, United States, Glorious has grown rapidly through the support of a community of gaming enthusiasts and professionals. Every new member of our team has a direct impact on shaping our future.
Glorious offers the chance to work within an environment where you will have the freedom and flexibility to take the reins on your career. We invite you to become part of an amazing team dedicated to pushing the boundaries of possibility and shifting the gaming industry’s status quo.
Learn more at https://www.gloriousgaming.com/