Who We Are:
Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization behind Zearn Math, the top-rated math learning platform used by 1 in 4 elementary students nationwide. Zearn Math supports teachers with research-backed curriculum and digital lessons proven to double the learning gains of a typical year of instruction. Zearn Math instructional materials – including 400+ hours of digital math learning – are free for teachers and families. Zearn also offers school- and district-wide licenses and professional development to support implementation. Everything Zearn does is driven by the belief that every kid can be a math kid.
Learn more about us at https://about.zearn.org/.
We are looking for a Associate Designer on our Professional Learning Team to play a role in the development of assets aligned to Zearn’s integrated professional learning approach. You will be integral in helping to translate ideas into compelling training presentations as well as digital, print, e-blast, and other assets. You love to work with a team, take direction well, and are eager to learn from internal and external subject matter experts.
What This Role Will Do:
- In partnership with members of our professional learning team, execute designs aligned to our vision for a best in class professional learning
- Create a broad range of design deliverables, including training presentations, print collateral, and infographics
- Design and prepare engaging presentations with compelling content and visuals
- Maintain pre-established processes, tools, and strategies for the development, organization, and execution of projects as well as team design archives.
- Bring fresh design insight while maintaining and reinforcing brand standards; identify areas of opportunity to improve existing templates
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required.
- 3+ years professional experience designing in Google Suite, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Adobe Illustrator, preferably within the field of education.
- Proficiency, awareness, and/or interest in working with the Adobe Creative Suite and tools like Figma or Sketch, and Canva
- A creative mindset with the ability to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfort working in a highly collaborative environment, with excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints and feedback with a focus on reflective practice and innovation
- Empathy, curiosity, and the desire to continually grow as a learner and teammate
- A commitment to Zearn’s mission of providing an exceptional education to all children
- A desire to join an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment at a high-growth organization
- The willingness to comply with Zearn’s vaccination (subject to legally valid exemptions) and Personal Protective Equipment policies
This role is remote. Future travel may be required to participate in team meetings, to lead or observe professional development in the field.Travel will not exceed 10% of your workload.
Compensation & Benefits:
Zearn offers a competitive benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching, parental leave, and a generous PTO policy. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
To Apply: https://apply.workable.com/j/76D8E25CC7
Zearn is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.