The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been a global leader in visual effects (VFX) for over 25 years, with established facilities across the globe.
We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
MPC is part of Technicolor’s premiere portfolio of Production Services, working alongside Mr. X and Mikros, providing tailor-cut, high end services for the world’s best storytellers, and operating at the highest level of quality across massive scales of turnaround for tens of thousands of shots every year.
With a full slate of incredibly high profile pictures for 2021 and 2022, and renewed efforts to harmonize the technology stack across Business Units, MPC is at the centre of an exciting modernization and retooling of its pipeline, continuing to push boundaries on scale, performance, and artist experience.
The R&D Project Management Office (PMO) provides project & programme support across all Technicolor Production Service Lines; Animation & Games, Film, Episodic and Advertising. The mission of the PMO is to deliver project support to the R&D PS Organization and its business stakeholders by providing guidance in project management processes and methodologies in a manner that is efficient, consistent, and standardized.
We are looking for a creative, collaborative, and passionate Agile Delivery Manager to join this new formed PMO group during a very exciting time.
You will manage projects that define and iterate the tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films and shows. As part of this you will be working with a like-minded, international team of developers and stakeholders that will give you the chance to learn, grow, collaborate, and share knowledge.
This is a fast-paced and exciting environment that comes with daily creative challenges. It requires a self-starting agile delivery manager who can use lateral thinking and pragmatic problem solving to remove complexity and create solutions, that are then communicated effectively to a variety of stakeholders.
You will have experience managing teams in an agile software environment, and you’ll be an advocate for agile working practices, collaboration and innovation. You will also have an excellent grasp or willingness to learn about VFX processes, tools, and pipelines.
- Work to set up an agile environment within your development team. This will be focused on the continuous, iterative improvement of in-house tools and third-party tool integration, for use in production.
- Responsible for the organisation and facilitation of agile team ceremonies and project management processes e.g. task planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, demonstrations, risk and issue management.
- Working to ensure there is a prioritized backlog of user stories, based on qualified stakeholder needs, and use this as a base to facilitate a collaborative planning and estimating process.
- Ensure that projects are estimated, baselined, tracked and are delivered on-time and within scope with available resources. Liaise with business stakeholders where relevant to understand show dependencies and timings and ensure these are reflected in the plan.
- Act as first point of contact to remove project blockers by swiftly engaging with the right people to find timely solutions.
- Manage all project reporting, providing transparency and updates to stakeholder and senior management through tools such as project dashboards, status reports, team burn down reports, financial tracking reports and other metrics.
- Support R&D operations management and technical leadership to forecast developer allocations and cast developers appropriate to the needs of the project.
- Work within the team of Agile Delivery Managers to share agile knowledge and resources, and ensure consistency of approach. You will keep up with agile trends and regularly experiment with innovative ways of working.
- Support the work intake and support ticketing processes to ensure the right information is captured and routed to the right places.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience working as a scrum master or agile management working in software development teams using either scrum or kanban.
- Demonstrable solid understanding of the fundamentals of the software development life cycle and project management methodologies
- Proficient with the Atlassian tool suite – JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, and able to adapt your style to different types of stakeholder.
- Able to understand, interpret and clearly communicate agile reports and metrics including backlogs, burn down charts, team velocity, task definition and definition of done.
- Experience in estimating, planning, baselining and running projects to completion, on time and on budget.
- Autonomous and has good time management skills, with the ability to balance multiple priorities with minimal instruction.
- A natural collaborator, with the ability to facilitate and influence self-organizing teams to deliver.
- Knowledge of visual effects pipelines and tools is a plus but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of modern digital product management methodologies is preferred.
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning, sharing and mentoring.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- High attention to detail, risk mitigation, and relentless follow-through
- Experienced managing distributed teams across locations.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of motivating and leading teams with enthusiasm.
- Confident when communicating with developers and production.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an Agile Evangelist looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in a creative environment, then we look forward to your application.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.