We are looking for a 3D Lead Artist (Modeling) that has a true passion for products and creating beautiful content.
As a 3D Lead Artist (Modeling) you’ll lead a team of 3D Artists in our Studio. You will be managing the team with a special focus on creating the highest quality output. You will be leading and coaching them, guiding them through a huge variety of projects. Eye for detail and flawless delivery of beautiful content for our brands is absolutely critical in this role. You’ll act as a role model for the team and lead the way quality and delivery wise. You know how to communicate with internal stakeholders like project managers and art directors. You create reliable project estimations, and come up with creative solutions to the day-to-day challenges that your team faces.
Grip supports brands to cope with the fast-accelerating challenge of the exponential grow and need for content. Grip is web-based software that automatically generates visual content. It’s based on photorealistic 3D, capitalising on INDG’s twenty-year-long experience in that field. 3D is good because once your beer or your juicer or your rocket is on Grip, it can be used and re-used for multiple media: images, videos, iOS apps, and such. Check out the website here.
This vision has worked quite well with clients: in less than two years, Grip won Coca-Cola, Nivea, Heineken, L’Oreal and others. As you can imagine, working with these companies requires knowing why, when and how they produce the thousands of visuals we’ve been trying to automate. Now, Grip is changing every day to accommodate the things we learn.
- Leading and managing a team: Supervising and guiding a team of 3D modelers. This involves assigning tasks, setting deadlines, providing feedback, and ensuring the team’s overall productivity and performance.
- Project oversight: Responsible for planning, executing, and overseeing 3D modeling projects from start to finish. This includes understanding project requirements, developing concepts and designs, and ensuring the timely delivery of high-quality 3D models.
- As a Lead 3D Modeler, you are responsible for supervising and guiding a team of 3D modelers. This involves assigning tasks, setting deadlines, providing feedback, and ensuring the team’s overall productivity and performance.
- Maintaining standards: Ensure that the team adherences to project specifications and style guidelines, and providing constructive feedback for improvement.
- Mentorship: Provide guidance and support to junior artists and help them develop their skills and knowledge in the artworks setup step.
- Improvements: Create impactful process and tooling improvements with the support of the pipeline development team.
- Collaboration: Foster strong relationships and effective communication with other departments and teams, such as concept artists, 3D modelers, animators, and lighting artists, to ensure that the artworks setup step is integrated smoothly into the overall production pipeline
- Team happiness: Foster a positive and supportive team culture, where team members feel valued, motivated, and inspired to do their best work.
- People management: have 1on1 sessions, give daily support, and create career growth plannings. Maintain up to date instructions and best practices within the specialty. Assure that all team members continuously adhere to them.
- Strong 3D modeling skills: You should have a solid foundation in 3D modeling techniques, including modeling complex shapes, creating high and low-polygon models, UV mapping, texturing, and optimizing models for various platforms and purposes.
- Expertise in 3D modeling software: Proficiency in industry-standard 3D modeling software such as Autodesk 3ds Max, Blender and ZBrush. As a team lead, you should have advanced knowledge of these tools to provide guidance and support to your team members.
- Excellent communication skills. You should be able to effectively communicate project requirements, provide clear instructions, and offer feedback to team members. Additionally, you should be able to collaborate with other stakeholders, such as clients, art directors, and designers, to understand their needs and ensure project success. Experienced with FMCG product visualizations.
- You should have strong analytical and critical thinking skills to address technical issues, overcome creative challenges, and guide your team in finding effective solutions.
- You should possess strong leadership qualities and the ability to manage a team effectively. This includes assigning tasks, setting goals, providing constructive feedback, resolving conflicts, and motivating team members to achieve their best performance.
- The ability to manage time effectively and handle multiple projects simultaneously. You should have strong organizational skills to prioritize tasks, allocate resources efficiently, and ensure that projects are delivered within deadlines.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- 10 years of experience in CGI.
- 3 years of experience in team management
- You have experience with managing, coaching and motivate a team of 3D Artists.
- You have both an artistic eye and know how to use technology in to your advantage. You have a portfolio or show reel that demonstrates your seniority and relevant experience with FMCG products.
- You are able to manage deadlines and you are excellent with time management.
- Interpersonal skills: you have great communication skills and know how to communicate with your different team members, and all other levels and departments in the company.
- It’s a big plus if you live in or near Bucharest, Romania.
What we offer
This is a remote friendly role. Most of us work from Amsterdam or Bucharest, and if you’re close to any of the two, we’re more than happy to welcome you in our offices. Working at INDG Grip means you’ll be supported with flexible working agreements, an annual L&D budget, mental health and gym benefits, paid annual leave and the right IT equipment for the job. For those working from our office, we offer a well-equipped kitchen with snacks, fruits, lunch, and creative workspaces.
Please apply via the link provided. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our HR Department via firstname.lastname@example.org.