Orange Comet is seeking a 3C (Character, Controls, Camera) Technical Designer to drive the design and implementation of our playable characters. Our ideal candidate is proficient working in Unity and C# with experience shipping high-quality playable characters on multiple platforms. We are open to filling this position with a Global Contractor.
- Work closely with design and technical leadership to develop world-class playable characters that feel great to play on PC and mobile from conception through to the final product.
- Design and implement multiple third-person camera controllers in C# to provide unique perspectives into our dynamic world filled with a variety of gameplay experiences.
- Design and implement control schemes to support cross-platform play on PC and mobile.
- Work with our animation team to design and implement smooth playable character animation controllers that incorporate player-selected traits that determine how each character moves.
- Actively participate in daily team play sessions to assess the most critical tasks to iteratively improve the game.
- Help develop and prioritize the playable character feature roadmap.
- Propose improvements to the tools and pipelines.
- Five or more years working on real-time action games with two years working on the 3Cs.
- At least one shipped title that demonstrates your ability to develop world-class playable characters.
- Proficient in Unity cameras, animated characters, and the new input system.
- Proficient in C#.
- Deep understanding of the impact that camera, controls, and character animation can have on the overall gameplay experience.
- Ability to work remotely and independently.
- Strong communication skills.
Nice to Haves
- Experience leading a team.
- Experience building playable characters for real-time multiplayer games.
- Experience building playable characters for cross-platform PC and mobile games.
- Experience animating characters.
- Proficiency using popular animation software.
- Awesome company culture along with a fully remote position (best of both worlds!)
- A rewarding role with opportunities to see yourself and the company grow.
- We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company!
- Orange Comet is full of passionate and highly skilled individuals. We dream together, learn from each other, have fun and make a difference every day. Our culture is based on deep trust, individual freedom, and personal responsibility.
About the Company
Orange Comet is a next-generation gaming and entertainment company creating immersive web3-enabled games in partnership with the biggest entertainment properties in the world. By blending super-creative content and cutting-edge technology, our mission is to revolutionize the gaming landscape for the fanbases of our clients. We are powered by a passionate group of people who believe the future of all entertainment and media is on the verge of a revolution, and our diverse backgrounds, experiences, and industries, work to help our clients shape their businesses for the next generation of gaming opportunities that awaits.
The base salary range for a full-time position is $90,000-$160,000 USD+ benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Our team can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.